Sent H3-3D in for repair, now its acting wierd...

Reaction score
Sent it in because it would kick to the left during flight and then snap back to normal... 6 weeks later, they send it back with an email saying that the issue was a damaged yaw mounting base... whatever that is. The gimbal was 2 months old, never crashed, bought new from B&H. Anyway, repaired under warranty and sent back to me.

NOTE: This is on my Phantom 1.5. So I have virtually no control over the gimbal gains or anything else on the gimbal tab of the NAZA assistant software. Never have had any control, but it worked fine before.

So I mounted it up to test it out, and the tilt control is acting funny. When I turn the knob (tilt knob added instead of stock lever) it has a very small range in which the gimbal reacts, but here's the weird part... when I move past the center of the range and let go of the knob, the gimbal tilts to its limits. I calibrated the channels, but no change. Before, I could move the knob just a tad and the gimbal would tilt just a tad and stop. Confused yet? Here's a video of what it's doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDTx8PI ... 8d1_2V5bWQ

With the recent software upgrade, the gimbal now has relative control instead of absolute control. There are lots of threads on this in the P2V+ forum.

CityZen said:
With the recent software upgrade, the gimbal now has relative control instead of absolute control. There are lots of threads on this in the P2V+ forum.
I don't understand.... I didn't upgrade any software. There really isn't anything to upgrade since updates for the phantom 1 are non-existent. Nothing changed with my phantom. Only the gimbal. So if any software was updated, it would have been DJI updating the firmware directly on the gimbal.

So how do I fix this?

Yes, the gimbal firmware is what affects this. DJI must have updated it. It's not possible to "un-update" it.
Aside from changing it out to an non-updated gimbal, your only option is to figure out how to work with it as it is.
You should get the latest RC Assistant SW in order to calibrate your X1 channel (tilt control).
Then you'll want to modify your tilt control so that it is easy to find the center position. Someone suggested this: http://www.futurlec.com/Potentiometers/POT5KBDETENTpr.shtml
Other folks have modified a game controller stick for this purpose.
Or just buy the latest controller from DJI with the new spring-loaded tilt wheel built in.

And I suppose I won't be able to get dji to do anything about it huh? They just took it upon themselves to upgrade the firmware which basically renders this gimbal useless to me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31