Sensors/signal map - Sensors/gps (seeking knowledge)

Reaction score
Each month I try and capture a photo of a rising full moon event. Mother nature gave me very cloudy conditions with a few gusty winds this time out. I have flown from this spot many times over without ever having any indication of problem. This flight one was different. I uploaded the flight log trying to understand what occurred. After looking at this data, I think it was a loss of signal from my RC to Unit, however at the same time I feel that the unit still had a good signal with gps. I was using DJI Go app with flying this mission. If this is a signal loss from the RC, and the unit still had a good signal from gps, after a certain set of time went by, I assume the unit would attempt to return to my set home point correct? I've flown from this ground point at times 1,600 hundred feet or so without the first time of trouble other than a few seconds of Atti mode warnings. With the tree canopy greening up around here I don't fly out past what I can see. This flight here was pretty much over my head. My antenna were not crossed or blocked from visual sight of the unit. Anyhow I'm posting a healthy drone link here hoping someone with more experience and knowledge can help me understand what happened this time around.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Did you remember to readjust the antennas when flying directly overhead?

Did you remember to readjust the antennas when flying directly overhead?

msinger, That I did not remember to do, but I did come up out of my chair and rotate my RC back toward my head trying to expose the antennas directly toward my craft. That may have been the point I regained RC contact with the unit. Life speeds up when trouble occurs and one like me has trouble remembering every detail. Thank you for your thoughts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj