Senrigan GP-35 gimbal?

Looks like you might have access to the battery compartment and ports without unmounting the Gopro? Looks like its about 270g with Gopro? Is that machined/stamped steel or aluminum? :)

I've recieved my Alware Senrigan GP-35 gimbal, and have it mounted to the Phantom.

I haven't flown it yet, but tests here on the ground look promising. I just had to assemble all the parts, and power it up, and it works as it should. I also got the tilt working with the 7th channel on the stock transmitter. When rolling or tilting the Phantom it seems to do a good job of keeping the camera steady.

The chassis holding the GoPro in place looks like aluminum, or a similar light metal material.

A minor drawback is that you need to loosen two screws to wiggle the GoPro out of the casing, but other than that it seems to be a good product.

The installation manual is mostly very good, but with a couple of confusing/unclear steps, but I emailed Alware and got most questions sorted out.

I think there are so many gimbals out there it's almost impossible to say which one is significantly better or worse from another, for the most part they all seem to work the same. The one I use works wonderfully and ran me $220 shipped. I love it so much I have another one on the way for my AGP UAP Quad which I scored at the last minute off the guys auction for $100 shipped !

Perhaps the long term reliability will suffer from the use of cheaper motors or bearings or whatever but, well, maybe not. Mine is fully carbon fiber, the motors seem fine (and let's be honest, they aren't exactly working hard). The cheap price is so compelling that really we'd have to have money burning holes in our pockets to drop big dough on a $800 zenmuse. I mean, it's not like the Zenmuse is going survive a crash better than any other.

I was liking the Arris gimbal for my setup but that isn't cheap and it seems that you are largely paying for their much promoted testing they do on each one. Well, mine was pre-set by the sweat shop workers well enough that I haven't endeavored to adjust anything from minute one.

It's good to have options :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFj87BwD ... HFX18u1qZA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.