Sending it back for health reasons.

Reaction score
So I crafted my windsurfer and sent the Phantom into the air with 99% battery and attempted a range test, then I bottled it and attempted to bring her in, only she had other ideas and just kept going. All of a sudden I lose video feed and controller signal to the bird is terminated.

I tried to get my bearings and ran off in the same sorta direction, I lost sight of it and started to die.

My wife wouldn't accept it was the second faulty unit I've had in less than a month. I was in trouble.

I ran off as fast as my lazy *** could manage, I hopped a couple of fences and eventually stumbled upon it, sitting there on a patch of grass less than a metre from a main road.

I've now got a metallic taste in my mouth and am weezing like nobody's business.

She's going back and I'm not having another one.

why didn't you hit return to home plus due you have it set in app

that's weird

She's going back and I'm not having another one.

Wife or Phantom?

That really sucks for you - so does it seem like "Murphy's law always applies to you"? - 2 Phantoms and both with issues - yikes.

Hey "twisted" - don't give up man - as they say in marriage, "3rd times the charm" (meaning for the Phantom) LOL.

I ran off as fast as my lazy *** could manage,

I know your situation isn't laughable, however - Hilarious quote - made me laugh when I got the vision in my head - thanks for that!

Reactions: twisted1504
Well it's not until your prised possession flies off into the distance that you realise how hopelessly unfit you are, I don't look too bad, but my cardio is wasted.

Going to have to find a less sedentary hobby, lol.

Are you able to upload your flight log to Healthy Drones and share here? We may be able to assist you in determining the cause if the crash.

Sudden loss of video downlink and Control signal may be because you crashed into a tree or something else. Particularily if a RTH didnt initiate on failsafe with signal loss. How high were you flying when signal lost?

So, did you just get yours back like today?

Did it crash, or auto-land?

I did get it back earlier today, yeah. It was about 45 metres high and about 60-70 away when it just decided to disconnect and fly off, I was testing a DIY windsurfer and suspect that may have contributed.

Luckily enough it auto landed and there's not a mark on it, flawless landing, right next to a main road that's always busy, I haven't got much flight data bit will extract what there is from the bird and do a little digging.

Unless you built the windsurfer incorrectly, might post a picture. I made one and I impressed, I have seen some made incorrectly that would decrease your distance.

well i went looking for my rogue bird today retraced the last know location and the new home point where the p3s made its self .knocked on doors talked to home owners .nothing its gone probably at bottom of the lake or swamp

I'm sorry to hear that mrcrane2u, if I hadn't have gone straight out after it I'd have lost it for sure, somebody would have pulled over their car and had it away.

I'm genuinely sorry, I know what it feels like but fortunately that feeling was short lived.

well i went looking for my rogue bird today retraced the last know location and the new home point where the p3s made its self .knocked on doors talked to home owners .nothing its gone probably at bottom of the lake or swamp
Did you put up any fliers?, Good job for those Cub Scouts!

It took me about 30 mins to find mine with the Marco Polo tracker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31