Sending in my remote for repair

Reaction score
I placed my P3P remote in the DJI hard shell case and the next day found that the antenna broke at the base of the controller. Not sure if DJI will warranty repair it or charge me. Once I find out, I'll post the results..

I also have the DJI hardshell case as well with my P3P. Just out of curiosity, do you store the controller with the antennas facing down or up? It seems to fit both ways and the foam has cutouts for the antennas facing down. However I see most pictures of cases here seem to have the antennas facing up (or sideways if the case can accommodate it).
Thanks

For anyone in your shoes in the future, even with a broken antenna you could get 150 to 200 bucks on eBay. You can also buy one for that much or cheaper and then you won't be without it for as long as you'll be without it sending it in, To which they're probably going to charge you to fix it anyway. Just my thoughts on it

Coach, got a photo of where the antenna broke?

How I store mine

Attachments

• 1452006893185.jpg
    1452006893185.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 356
  • 1452006907726.jpg
    1452006907726.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 376
The reply I got from DJI on 'Proper remote storage':

We are sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI product, but we can confirm that if you follow our instruction to put your RC into the hardshell it won't be damaged.

Problem is, the picture they sent me on how to put the RC in the hardshell is not the correct RC. It appears to be a P3S RC.

Attachments

• hardshell.jpg
    hardshell.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 412
I looked on ebay last week. I didn't notice any RC's under $300. Today I found one for $200. Ah well.

There were two models of the case, it looks like you have the newer one. Try putting the remote sideways with the phone holder away from the drone...

There were two models of the case, it looks like you have the newer one. Try putting the remote sideways with the phone holder away from the drone...
I'm fairly sure I tried that and it does not fit.

Sweet! Just checked my repair status and saw this: Payment Status Free of Charge

Sweet! Just checked my repair status and saw this: Payment Status Free of Charge
Glad to hear they took good care of you! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers