Seller Beware!

Reaction score
This is just a FYI for the group. I have an item for sale in the classifieds. Last night I was contacted buy a guy that wanted to buy it and have it shipped 2 day air. I packaged it up, sent the shipping info to the guy, who BTW asked for my PayPal information. He never contacted me back and the only 3 posts he has ever made were to me regarding the sale and shipping.

No biggie on my end, I will just continue the sale and or add it to eBay, just wanted to give the community a heads up. If it was legit, a simple "changed my mind" would have been nice.

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks Shep . You need to message TJ and tell him what member it was . Ya never know now who you are dealing with .

I sold my P2V+ on eBay last year and in the description I specifically said "Only shipping to destinations within continental USA". I couldn't believe how many people contacting me asking if I'd ship to other countries (Greece, Brazil, a middle-eastern country, etc.). Some said they'd pay me well. I replied to all of them saying "no".

UPDATE: buyer pulled through. He got tied up at work and simply didn't respond. That is why I didn't give any of his info. Wanted to give him some time. All is good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: dirkclod
eBay is rife with scams too. Make sure to post "no returns, signature required, and will ship after payment received in your posting."

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah, I got burned selling something on eBay once, the item I sold was working when I sent it, the buyer claimed it didn't work when he got it, and if I didn't refund him, he was going to post bad feedback, it wasn't worth the hassle so I refunded his money and learned a big lesson, never trust anyone online.

It's a big service here having classifieds, I recently sold something here to a fellow user and the whole transaction was a pleasure.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I sold my P2V+ on eBay last year and in the description I specifically said "Only shipping to destinations within continental USA". I couldn't believe how many people contacting me asking if I'd ship to other countries (Greece, Brazil, a middle-eastern country, etc.). Some said they'd pay me well. I replied to all of them saying "no".
Yup, had same issue. who wants to ship to Hungary?

Yeah, I got burned selling something on eBay once, the item I sold was working when I sent it, the buyer claimed it didn't work when he got it, and if I didn't refund him, he was going to post bad feedback, it wasn't worth the hassle so I refunded his money and learned a big lesson, never trust anyone online.

It's a big service here having classifieds, I recently sold something here to a fellow user and the whole transaction was a pleasure.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'm glad you learned valuable lesson. ONLY BUY ON EBAY.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20