Sell P2V+ or wait it out?

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a P2V+ and am contemplating selling it in order to get a P2 (non vision) for a proper ground station setup. It's my understanding that the P2V+ isn't recommended to be used with the 2.4GHz datalink. I tried the stripped down groundstation on my android phone and loved it, but realllllly want the ability to save routes and to set camera orientation (it can do that, right?). I don't really desire BVR and would gladly pay for a better app (if DJI wanted to start charging) that would allow me to save my routes and set camera orientation. Does anyone know if DJI has any plans on adding these features to the app or should I buy a non vision and PC ground station? Forgive my ignorance, I have limited time to do research and have started new topics here over the last few nights only to delete them before posting in fear of being yelled at! Anyways, I'd really appreciate any input I can get! Have a good one!

I was feeling the same way about using GS with my new P2V+!

I was about to pull the trigger on the 2.4Ghz setup when I saw all the comments about compatibility problems....

you COULD try the 900 Mhz datalink version, which will apparently work great.... minus the $500 pricetag :-(

Lowepg said:
I was feeling the same way about using GS with my new P2V+!

I was about to pull the trigger on the 2.4Ghz setup when I saw all the comments about compatibility problems....

you COULD try the 900 Mhz datalink version, which will apparently work great.... minus the $500 pricetag :-(

The 2.4 does work, but you are right it has it's issues. I used it for a while, even before the DJI App GS. Now that I have the 900Mhz I can get consistent round trips of >5600 meters with my current batteries (30 plus cycles) and the xtra weight on the bird (strobes,TAGG,900Mhz air end,aluminum shield for GPS inside). I do still use the app from time to time for short trips, but it is nice to go some where and have everything planned out and just a couple of clicks and she is off..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj