Self tightening prop thread diameter and pitch?

Reaction score
Does anyone know the diameter and pitch on the self tightening props? I have a few that are tough to thread on and whnt to purchase bottoming taps left and right hand to fine tune the threads. Seems any props other than original DJI have this problem. I also saw that the other problem with aftermarket props is that the large opening before the threads in the prop has to be cleaned up with a 5/16 drill bit, I did this with the bit in visegrip pliars so I had control and turned the prop slowly by hand. Now the shoulder under the threads on the motor shaft do not get galled by the aluminum inside the first shoulder on the prop. Thanks!

M6 x 1.

The major Ø is 6mm and the pitch or how far they advance per rev is 1mm. I could tell you how to measure it yourself but since I know, I will share.

M6 x 1.

The major Ø is 6mm and the pitch or how far they advance per rev is 1mm. I could tell you how to measure it yourself but since I know, I will share.

Thanks, I want to get a plug tap LH and RH to clean up the threads of these aftermarket props, other than the shoulder cleaning and thread cleaning they work fine.

M6 x 1.

I got the 6mm LH and RH bottoming taps to clean up the threads and a 5/16 6 flute reamer to clean up the hub. All of the props spin on real nice now!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4