Self Tightening Carbon Fiber Props

Reaction score
Do anyone know where I can purchase some self tightening carbon fiber props? I can't seem to locate any on Ebay or the internet.

tosi said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331100408127?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

:geek:

well,cool,they DO exist-thanks for the link,been looking my self!
ah crap,ships from china.

I would be very interested in hearing how any of these stack up. I recently went with the T-Motor Anti-Gravity motors and props and am not impressed what-so-ever. Thinking about going back to the OE power-train.

zoochase said:
I would be very interested in hearing how any of these stack up. I recently went with the T-Motor Anti-Gravity motors and props and am not impressed what-so-ever. Thinking about going back to the OE power-train.

On a P2?

Aren't the P2 motors already upgraded? Well, compared to the P1. I read a review of them yesterday saying that the T-motors only got an additional 1 minute of flight vs the stock P2 motors.

Mr Mufakka said:
Aren't the P2 motors already upgraded? Well, compared to the P1. I read a review of them yesterday saying that the T-motors only got an additional 1 minute of flight vs the stock P2 motors.

I made a recent inquire to a DJI dealer about the motors and I was told the P1 and P2 motors were the same AND that the T-Motors weren't really an upgrade. From what I have read else where, the T-Motors if anything have better bearings and will out last the OE motors.

I can tell you from experience, the T-Motor props are NOT an upgrade to the P2. P1, yes, P2, no. And I don't think the Anti-gravity motors better bearings are worth the high pitch whine I have to endure.

I'm going back to the original motors and props.

Warning !!!!!

I received the props from the Ebay listing that was in an earlier post , fitted them and took for a test fly , not good it just took of banked and crashed it had GPS etc so was definitely the props i then swapped the props back and it flew fine . unfortunately it bent all the gimbal mount .

phantomuk said:
Warning !!!!!

I received the props from the Ebay listing that was in an earlier post , fitted them and took for a test fly , not good it just took of banked and crashed it had GPS etc so was definitely the props i then swapped the props back and it flew fine . unfortunately it bent all the gimbal mount .

Wow!!!

phantomuk said:
Warning !!!!!

I just lost my P2 with those props on it last weekend. I was flying it FPV and it just disappeared. I took a second set and borrowed a balancer, all 4 were way off. I have a new P2 coming next week. I am hoping to use it to find the first one.

phantomuk said:
Warning !!!!!

So I'm not confused here; you purchased the Carbon Fiber Vision props(9"), bolted them onto your P2, and it crashed?
Did you balance the props first?
Did you try and adjust the gains in Naza, first?

Carbon Fiber props have no flex in them, so they will be very "sporty", and may exceed the Naza's capabilities to correct for an over bank situation, if there isn't enough altitude.
Also-if you are thinking of purchasing E-bay props; you must balance them first!!!

Then, start reading the 3 or 4 threads about how to adjust your gains in Naza, before attempting any flight, with the bigger, Vision props.

Can you describe, in detail the steps you took from the time you received the props, until the crash, please? How high were you? Did you balance them? Any wind?
reason I ask is; I'm trying to prevent this from happening to anyone else. And, with your unfortunate crash, perhaps you can help to educate us all, on what you did, or did not do, that may have contributed?

Yeh. I second that. I'd love to use the carbon props as I would like the extra lift I imagine I'd get from them not flexing
On the flip side though, I do like the safe feeling the flex gives you.

Mmmm not sure what to do really.

Stick with what you have. CF props can/will shatter on impact. There's little to be gained, time wise, by going from the plastic 8" props to the CF 8" props.
Also-if you go to the Vision props, I would stay well clear of the CF ones. When you move into a larger diameter prop, you will want some flexing.
CF props are way over-rated. And, just one crash or bad landing to shatter them-and it's possible, that this could damage the motor(s). However, I've heard from others that damaging the motor isn't possible......I'm sticking with the cheap plastic ones.
Get a bigger battery(2700mah), and gain 2 minutes ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20