Self Rescue Device or Software

Reaction score
Hey, with all the various quality or unexplained flight issues with phantoms here's a question to the board.... Just how tough would it be to incorporate some sort of self rescue device or software into the phantoms?

Like a auto deployed rescue chute if it loses power at altitude or if it continues to fly away from the TX more than 1 minutes after lost connection. Even the ability to fly on 2-3 motors if one fails. Anything to shorten the search area and soften the landing would be a plus for person or property damage possible issue.

I am no electronic engineer but to me some sort of auto triggered self rescue device does not seem like it would be that tough to design. I am sure the unit recognizes normal flight characteristics so it could also react to flight characteristics that are not normal.

Any device would be better than the current configuration.... I have a 102 gps tracker but recovery of a crash landed runaway is like a signal to a potential trash can deposited unit. It would be much better if their was some sort of device that would soften the landing if things went goofy.

I truly think people would jump on a self rescue device even more than 3 way gimbals for these units and someone is missing out on a potential million dollar invention. I know I would buy one!!!!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1