Seeking guidance/help on FPV setup

Reaction score
I've decided that I want to rig up my Phantom 1 for FPV. It already has a GP3, the Zenmuse gimbal, and the upgraded mainboard.

I understand that the Immersion 600MW transmitter seems to be the flavor of choice, and I am still looking into the antennas.

What I am not solid on is what cabling would be needed to bring the video down from the board to the Immersion. Is there an off the shelf cable for this or is it just something to have to do more homework and cobble together myself. At this point I don't want to add a second FPV camera.

As far as headset or monitor I'm still somewhat on the fence. I often fly solo so wouldn't have anyone to help play spotter while flying under goggles, and my intent for FPV is for framing shots more than for simulated flying experience. So I'm leaning towards a monitor and would be interested in hearing pros/cons on using one as well as what brand/model is a good balance of quality and price. (I'm not trying to be a pro, so I don't necessarily need top of the line - but don't want low end junk either.)

And yes, I'm sorry if there are a ton of other similar topics like this on this forum I've tried reading through many of them; but I still haven't found what answers my questions among those I have read.

My recommendation would be to go with a monitor.

I too am in the same boat as you, but have narrowed down exactly what I will buy:

Immersion RC 600mw Transmitter
Immersion RC Patch Antenna
Immersion RC Spironet Antenna pair (one for phantom, one for DUO diversity)
Boscam RX-LCD5802

I'll have to look at what I need to do setup wise as I'm a novice for sure. Just make sure your antenna connectors match whatever your monitor will be (the Boscam is SMA).

Good luck.

Thanks for the recommendation on the monitor. Looks like it would fit the bill nicely having the receiver already built in.

That still leaves me with the cabling question between the main board and the GoPro.

Are you going to use a standard cable and just go to the side of the camera?

I haven't crossed that path yet. My gimbal did come with a FPV cable to plug into the gopro usb so I hope that will work?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1