Seeking Booster!

Reaction score
Hello,
I am getting ready to purchase a booster for my P4.
Any ideas which one to buy? Perhaps EvoLite Kit......DBS....?
I have been reading up, at the crossroads now before pulling trigger.
Thanks!

Boosted You don't have to add the booster . It can be added real easy later. I just made a new post. I went to 25,000 feet. 62% & landed 1/3 mile short. Headwind most likely got me.
The Drone is safe but the $160 battery will not charge. 6% at touchdown but 15 minutes to get to it , lights still on & now $160 battery is shot. O-Boy

The ergonomics of the FPVLR antenna is cumbersome IMHO. Most everyone uses the DBS2 because of that issue, and you can get 5 miles with booster amps, or 2 to 3 miles without amps. Call Jake at maxxuas.com, he's got a clean install kit to use the OEM antenna holes to mount the SMA connectors.

The DBS2 setup will fit into some of the better backpacks without removing the antenna, such as think tank helipak or procraft backpacks. The FPVLR setup is bigger and more fragile. Many call the FPVLR unit the Frankenstein antenna because it looks so primitive. Just look at both and decide, both work good for range.

Last edited:
If you are looking for range, DBS is the king...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A second thumbs up to Jake at MaxxUAV. The remote with the booster and antenna can be wired into a the remote and it makes a small footprint. It looks good and is compact.

The battery for the antenna boost is small, light weight, and holds a charge adequate for dozens of flights.

I my opinion, it really is a must for anyone interested in long range flight, or even short range with maximum reception.

I live in a heavily wooded area surrounded by hills. Probably the worst type of environment for flying. I live in a slight depression in a hilly region surrounded by tall trees. Once over the trees, the landscape drops about 300 feet. So most flying is below tree level, out of line of sight. Without the boost, even with the "wind surfer" I maxed at about 1500 feet. With the boost, I easily get 4000 feet, and this is in the worst case reception area.

It is money well spent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.