Seeing The Propellers!!

Reaction score
I was wondering could you advice how to limit the amount of times the props come it to view while accelerating ? Also as I'm still quite heavy handed a twitchy when controlling the craft is there a way to smooth out and slow down the movement of the phantom whilst airborne?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Don't full throttle it. That's the only time when I see them is when I'm going full blast forward...

Reactions: Tony Cowan
The Phantom tilts to go faster.
More speed = more tilt.
If your camera is aimed up where the propellers are in the tilted position, you will see them
Try flying slower, aiming the camera downwards or flying backwards.

Look for Expo and Gain settings in the Go app.
Change all Expo settings to 0.20. This will decrease stick sensitivity towards the centre of the sticks for refine controls.
Another to is to drop the active braking to minimum (70% I think). This will allow the craft to continue with inertia and will give it nice fluid movement when stopping or changing directions. Make sure you practice in an open field as this changes the flight characteristics of your P3/P4.

As for props - fly backwards and edit the vid.

Reactions: movius
You can slow the initial movement some by extending the control sticks.
Unscrew the locking nut and lengthen them, then tighten them in place

You can reduce the sensitivity by lowering the Expo numbers in the Go App. Select quadcopter then adv. setting from MC menu, then exp and lower what you want to change from .40 to say .34 then fly and adjust from there

The main control is just slow and easy stick movement.
Or fly backwards

Easy way is to keep camera positioned at -45 deg. This will help you avoid props visible on cam most of the time without changing your habits of flying.

Don't full throttle it. That's the only time when I see them is when I'm going full blast forward...

Agreed. I used carbon fiber today. All props. But I was full throttle all the way home. About 36mph. I didn't care about video at that point. It wash race to get back as I was blind. I only noticed when I looked at video that props were seen entire way.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl