Seeing "Disconnected" More Often than Not

Reaction score
When I start my DJIGO app, more often than not I see "disconnected." I'll kill the app, restart ... "disconnected." I'll re-start the remote ... "disconnected." I'll power down the Phantom, restart ... "disconnected" ... I'll perform various combinations of shutdown/restarts and eventually I connect. Sometimes I get it on the first try but usually it takes a few tries and there's not set startup order I've been able to determine gives me better success than another one does.

So, I don't think this is normal.

Does anyone else experience this? Anyone know how to fix?

I find this startup sequence works best for me:
  • Turn on the remote controller
  • Turn on the Phantom
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Start DJI GO

Check your firmware version also. Is there a "+" like 1.6.004+ after the ac version? Give us the versions for everything on the list at the bottom of the about section of the go-app. Also it has been caused by a bad sd card before, more than once... The + represents a modified version, which usually means that the battery has a different fw version then is installed on the ac. If you see the + then I would put the update that you are using back onto a different sd card, then install it and let the battery update. Then let us know if that fixed it.

It would be wise to try out msinger's suggestion...otherwise alokbhargava may be right.

When I start my DJIGO app, more often than not I see "disconnected." I'll kill the app, restart ... "disconnected." I'll re-start the remote ... "disconnected." I'll power down the Phantom, restart ... "disconnected" ... I'll perform various combinations of shutdown/restarts and eventually I connect. Sometimes I get it on the first try but usually it takes a few tries and there's not set startup order I've been able to determine gives me better success than another one does.

So, I don't think this is normal.

Does anyone else experience this? Anyone know how to fix?

You have a issue, yes...but what is the root of the issue? Regardless what the answer is to that question, let this cross your mind each you are preparing to update the firmware. A fact on this is, there is not one day that goes by that someone doesn't post about a issue when it comes to firmware version 1.9.6.

It is very wise to give any firmware updating a minimum of 10-14 days before even considering to update.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reed L
DJI GO app 3.0.0? I have the same problem now and never had any problems before.

Same - here i just pull the cable and reconnect it without restarting the app works every time,and continues perfectly after doing this, Its just a lead thing.

Thanks for the suggestions on the cable. Yeah--that was my first "go to." Multiple cables tried. Symptoms are the same. I'm not home right now but I will post the firmware versions when I get there. Thanks for all the input, everyone.

Check to see what's disconnected... If you are seeing the map, compass and everything else, then it's just the camera that's disconnected... You should still be able to start up everything and fly with the camera disconnected. And if this is the problem - then it is a fw update issue that could also be being caused by using a bad sd card for updates... I'm with Frank on not updating and he runs newer fw then I do, hehe. 1.3.002 here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31