Seeing a lot of problems on P4Ps..

I see a lot of P4P problems on here. I don't know if I should actually end up getting the P4P+ now.. is there a chance I will have these problems? Like a big chance I mean. I know the p4p is a awesome drone, just what are the chances of getting a bad one? Thanks.

My Phantom 4 Pro has been rock solid since I got mine in December. My only complaint is Gimbal tilt. My Phantom 4 Pro has its good days and bad days on keeping the Gimbal straight.

Had to return the first P4P I purchased on January 09 to Best Buy because of a "twitchy". Second unit has been terrific. Little or no tilted horizon issues. Only problem I have notices is slow centering of gimbal after a yaw--about 7 seconds. Quick flick of the yaw in the opposite direction stops drifts. Only a minor inconvenience. If it does not stop after several months I may send it in for repair. But maybe this is just the it is.

Donald Barar

Only problem I have notices is slow centering of gimbal after a yaw--about 7 seconds. Quick flick of the yaw in the opposite direction stops drifts. Only a minor inconvenience. If it does not stop after several months I may send it in for repair. But maybe this is just the it is.
Mine does that too and I believe it is normal behavior. There has to be some inertia/hysteresis in the gimbal centering algorithm and I think we're mostly seeing it because we're looking for it. But after power-on the gimbal points directly forward, until I move the aircraft.

If u want to have 3rd party apps installed and use a bigger screen dont get the plus. I seen a thread with recording and transmission issues in 4k. I have the p4p non plus and 4k 60 works great. Plus i can use third party software. The + tablet isnt even up to par with todays processors and has 2gb of ram. This is prob why there is problems. I seen people selling their +version remotes in the forum for non + versions..... I recommend the regular p4p the + isnt what its all cracked up to be trust me

Agree. My Samsung Galaxy 7 edge on auto brightness can be seen well in bright sunlight but I prefer my IPad Air 2 although it's hard to see without some shades around the screen.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It's your choice. The sun hood doesn't work in bright sun as the brightness of the screen is too low. You also get reflections of yourself. If you put an anti glare screen protector is reduces the screen brightness further. I have tried all of the ways to improve the view on a tablet but nothing matches the P4P+ screen.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Agree. My Samsung Galaxy 7 edge on auto brightness can be seen well in bright sunlight but I prefer my IPad Air 2 although it's hard to see without some shades around the screen.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Same here my galaxy note 5 gets super bright. The newer galaxy phones are the brightest in market. Not 1000nits bright but 780 i think still very bright. I have a custom rom with brightness mod. Gets even brighter. But i rather use the bigger screen on my tablet;)

I see a lot of P4P problems on here. I don't know if I should actually end up getting the P4P+ now.. is there a chance I will have these problems? Like a big chance I mean. I know the p4p is a awesome drone, just what are the chances of getting a bad one? Thanks.
I have a P4P+ and have had no problems. Its screen is great. I don't need my FPV goggles (which require another person to be a spotter by FAA rules). My biggest concern with the P4P+ is that DJI has not announced any policy as to how current they will keep the P4P+ software/firmware. At this point, for example, I see no info on plans to provide the DJI Ground Station mapping software for the P4P+.

I have a P4P+ and have had no problems. Its screen is great. I don't need my FPV goggles (which require another person to be a spotter by FAA rules). My biggest concern with the P4P+ is that DJI has not announced any policy as to how current they will keep the P4P+ software/firmware. At this point, for example, I see no info on plans to provide the DJI Ground Station mapping software for the P4P+.
Yeah I'm getting a regular p4p. Less risky.

I had problems with my PS4 Pro after six flights, sent it back for repair and they sent me a completely new drone....was very pleased with the customer service....it is an awesome piece of equipment....

The more complicated the device (meaning the more new features) the more confusion there will be, and thus the negatives get highlighted. I think it's safe to say that the majority of P4P owners are very happy with the product, and many have said so.

If you think you have seen a lot of issues (both real and imagined) with the P4P, just wait until the P5 ;) It's just the nature of things with product support/discussion forums.
I'm expecting to have to do some learning when I upgrade this summer from P2V+ to P4P+ or P5 if it is out by then.

Hi,
I had one or two teething problems but got good support from DJI and now all seems to be working well. Picture quality is great. Its an awesome bird.

Mark (UK)

I agree with singer. I have a P4, P4P+ and Mavic and I never have so-called "problems". Now with my Typhoon H Pro, that's another entirely different story.

I agree with singer. I have a P4, P4P+ and Mavic and I never have so-called "problems". Now with my Typhoon H Pro, that's another entirely different story.
I do not see the point in buying Yuneec products. I saw some guys marveling over a yuneec q500, and I looked up the price. These guys had no idea there were much better drones out there for less. It costs about as much as a mavic, but it has 0 sensors, horrible range, and the camera is worse then several DJI products. I Lol'd when I saw that. Those guys got ripped off.

No problems P4P, with nvidia k1, 4k60fps crystal clear smooth, lotsa tutorials on youtube, to get started, learn to fly, learn camera settings or just set to auto, this thing flys itself, just do preflight checklist,satelites,homepoint,RTH altitude, purchase from authorized DJI dealer, get FFA registration $5, watch surroundings,trees,walls,electric lines, also can get insurance for crashes etc, I have USAA auto/home and they said covered by home valuables already no extra cost.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj