Seeing a lot of problems on P4Ps..

I mean if I ordered directly from DJI.
I'm not sure about their policy.
I purchased mine from B & H since I'd purchased two other quads from them in the last year and a half they threw in a good 64 GB micro SD card. I was just hoping my P4P+ would be a good one as I've read that B&H uses a 3rd party for returns or warranty for DJI products and can take some time to process. My two Yuneec's and the P4P+ have been all good from B&H.

I'm not sure about their policy.
I purchased mine from B & H since I'd purchased two other quads from them in the last year and a half they threw in a good 64 GB micro SD card. I was just hoping my P4P+ would be a good one as I've read that B&H uses a 3rd party for returns or warranty for DJI products and can take some time to process. My two Yuneec's and the P4P+ have been all good from B&H.
Where should I order from?

No problems here with a P4P paired with iPad mini 4.
I jumped android ship because my galaxy tab s2 was having problems and is not a recommended device.
Mini 4 has worked flawlessly. Still not a big apple fan, but hey, it works!

I have a P4P+ and the 4K50p PAL in U.K. Works great. I use it for surfing videos. You need a fast pic/Mac to deal with it don't underestimate the processing time for the footage. Also need a fast Micro SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: PhantomEvan
I have a P4P+ and the 4K50p PAL in U.K. Works great. I use it for surfing videos. You need a fast pic/Mac to deal with it don't underestimate the processing time for the footage. Also need a fast Micro SD card.

I might just buy the plus and order the regular remote seperatly.

I get the wind warning too after a few min it goes away.
so far mine has been running great.
it is a roll of the dice.
maby you will get a good one and maby you will get a bad one.
try it and see.
good luck

Mine has worked great, at 400feet got a high wind warning and I am sure it was windy but not sure what "HIGH" means... 10mph, 20mph, will it go off in a tail wind situation, crosswind, headwind? Haven't seen any definitive spec on that. My video and photos have been AWESOME and I'm not using any ND fliters as so far I have been able to adjust down the Fstop and control the shutter speed and get great video. Rock solid hover even at 300 feet, video looks like it's from a tripod.

Where should I order from?
I've personally had great luck with B&H with my other two quads purchased there and now my P4P+ that I got from them back in late Dec 2016. I know others don't like B&H for their return policy so I'd call and talk to them about it and ask about throwing in a micro SD card in the deal (they just might!). They did with me, which I was surprised since it didn't say anything online about any extras since the P4P+ was hard to find in stock anywhere back then.
If not B&H I'd recommend Advexure as I purchased a P4P extended battery from them when almost nobody had them in stock and they shipped quickly and I've read great things about their customer service.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Quadcopter | Advexure
Another place with excellent customer service is Carolina Dronz. Great guy to deal with and stands behind his products and accessories.
I'm sure there are lots of forum members who have input on this but these are just places I've had good experiences from.
Hope this helps some.
:)

Right now you can't install any 3rd party apps on the Android OS built in the + controller screen.
Maybe later on DJI will allow it with a future firmware update.
The more experienced DJI pilots like other software that can't be installed on the +controller Android OS so that is why they recommend getting the standard controller so you can use whatever phone or tablet you want and install what you want.
Since this P4P+ is my first DJI product I don't have any experience using the other software only what came with the P4P+ (the DJI go app).
Maybe later on when DJI comes out with the even bigger and brighter Crystal Sky monitor I might think of getting the standard P4P controller so I could still have the high brightness but I'm not sure if it will be unlocked to install other things on it either.
Who knows....after flying for a few months I might get the standard controller also and try some of the other flight programs/apps on an Android or iOS phone/tablet.

Today, my sensors freaked out and told me there was an obstacle even though there wasn't. Also, it informed me I only had enough battery to RTH even though I had 7 minutes of battery life left and was 250 feet away. :/

I might just buy the plus and order the regular remote seperatly.
The major benefit of the P4P+ with the built in screen is that it is twice as bright as a tablet. If you fly on sunny days you can have issues with seeing detail due to screen reflections. With the built in screen this is not an issue at all.

I have not read any reports of people not having problems recording 4K with the plus remote. Actually this is the first. Are you running the latest firmware?

Right... all good man... so let's go back to the issues ;)

Just returned from a 2h flight fpv. Was really ugly... as soon as I hit record (P4P+) the video link broke... so broke it didn't recover till I put of my goggles and restarted the DJI app... there are always hickups if you record 4K with the P4P+ but this is reeeally not so funny...

Right... all good man... so let's go back to the issues ;)

Just returned from a 2h flight fpv. Was really ugly... as soon as I hit record (P4P+) the video link broke... so broke it didn't recover till I put of my goggles and restarted the DJI app... there are always hickups if you record 4K with the P4P+ but this is reeeally not so funny...
Yeah this is why I'm going with regular.

I see a lot of P4P problems on here. I don't know if I should actually end up getting the P4P+ now.. is there a chance I will have these problems? Like a big chance I mean. I know the p4p is a awesome drone, just what are the chances of getting a bad one? Thanks.
Problems with the P4P (or any software-driven high-tech gadget) will be proportional to how advanced its technology, and inversely proportional to how long the item has been in the field (how much use it has seen). The longer something is out there, the more time users will have had to debug it, and the more functions it has with fewer parts, the more likely those parts or function are to fail. So don't expect any better performance with the P4P+ unless you wait for it to mature (and the P4P will be mature sooner than the P4P+) or if somehow more users buy the P4P+ than they do the P4P (not likely very soon).

Under the option labeled 'video size', the P4p plus shoots 3840x2160 at 60fps. Also, 4096x2160 at 60fps. Make sure that you have an SD card that will take that transfer rate.

I have decided on a regular p4p. The sun resistant screen is not that much of a upgrade.. it is not worth spending 300 dollars more and it crashing and not handling 4K as well. I'm going to just buy a cheap sun hood. Better buying a 20 dollar sun hood then a 300 dollar screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4