Securing gopro with rubber band?

Reaction score
I find the tiny easily lost screws to be a pain and time waster. Does anybody just wrap a couple rubber bands around the gopro to secure it in place?

I do not use rubber band's as I have not much need to remove the camera's from their mount, all adjustment's can be done by Bluetooth, even putting in anther card I do not remove the camera.

Really? Well ok. I change out the gopro battery for every flight. Plus I use the camera a lot for other things.

Actually, I think the rubber band solution would work as long as you were careful not to use a weak one. On my f550 the whole gimbal is secured by two zip ties. As long as the binding method is secure (won't come loose with normal forces of flying) then it should work. However, I like the security of the clamp and I only take the GoPro off infrequently. Having said that, I'm taking it off for a project on Thursday and will have to keep track of the screws, etc. I won't hesitate to use rubber bands if I need to get it back on quickly (out in the field). Having thought this over the last few sentences, you could also (probably) use a zip tie. They cost pennies and would provide a tough barrier for any force trying to wrench it free.

FlyingHigh said:
Really? Well ok. I change out the gopro battery for every flight. Plus I use the camera a lot for other things.

Eh?.... What on earth for? The H3-2D charges the GoPro battery in situ. It keeps the GP battery topped up the whole time you are flying or have a Lipo connected to your aircraft!

I have taken my Phantom out and flown it for nearly two hours using back to back packs and at the end of this the GoPro battery was fully charged (as I would expect it to be). In fact, I never even turned the GP off, just stopped it recording and swapped out cards between flights.

Yeah I just figured that out actually. :) I had been taking my GoiPro off a lot and using it for other things and didn't notice it was getting charged by the phantom

ive used a thick rubberband with no problem for about 8 - 10 flights just remember to check the band every flight they can dryout and break

I did mine using thick elastic band which I got from a tailoring shop

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 608
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 634
I just received this:
http://www.sportcamera.net/prodotto/sis ... -hero-3-2/
it is absolutely perfect, at least for H3-2D...fast, strong, firm, it fits around the camera lens and doesn' move...
the only think to check is that the original fastener with screws of Zenmuse is in the center of the camera, this goes to the right...it's very light, but I know that Zenumuse is very sensitive to even a minimum weight...I'll let you know
Of course being an Italian seller, could work for european customer, maybe not for overseas customers...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4