Sectioning Hard Case foam to fit FC40

Reaction score
Got a really good deal on a hard case from MCM Electronics but I have to cut the foam to fit everything. A utility knife won't cut the foam cleanly. What should I use?

Did it come with the top layer pick and pluck? That's how mine was. I was disappointed to only have one layer of it. The bottom two layers I had to use a fresh box cutter blade. It was a pain and it looks like crap but with the pick/pluck layer on top you can't tell. I sourced some pick/pluck foam from this company: http://www.thefoamfactory.com/packagingfoam/picknpluckcr.html but to get two more layers I'd have spent almost as much as I did on the entire case.

Yeah just like that. Maybe someone has a better idea. might try an electric knife...don't tell my wife!

A little late now, but I bought an aluminum, rugged case, from Amazon. It was already shaped for the Phantom and a LOT of accessories for a hundred. I think it was a great deal and it looks very professional.

I have heard of electric knives being used. But, if it is a solid block of foam, it is very hard to cut the bottom of a hole flat. Unless, you cut the foam in slices. I read a post where a guy used a wire, heated by current. He did the multiple,slice method to get smooth bottoms. I think the pluck able foam works better than a solid block.

There are companies that will cut the foam to fit your box and parts, but the price is rather steep.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik