Sectional map test questions

Reaction score
I have gone through class, and I am passing all those test in the 90's. I was going to take the test tomorrow, but after reading this thread, I think I am going to put if off a week to study the maps some more. I have found some sample test questions, but there are no answers with it, so I have no clue if my answers are correct. Anybody have a link to some sectional and VFR questions, with answers? I searched, but I probably overlooked them, if they are posted on here. Thanks.

I took and passed the test on Aug 29. Yes a lot of chart questions, I am a non-current Part 61 pilot and I thought the questions were as hard as the ones I took getting my pilots license. There are a number of weather questions so I would also study weather. Some Airspace questions, There are some really good ground school vids on youtube. I can't recall specific questions, but even being a pilot, had I not studies for 2 weeks, I would have failed.

I am non pilot background, been flying hobby for about 1.5 years, passed my Part 107 Sept 9 with a 87% - studied about an hour to two hours a nite for about five weeks;

Anyways, my test was heavily weighted with sectional map questions. Make sure you know how to read the sectionals, find different landmarks via longitude and latitude, and understand what CTAF and other airport radio frequencies are and how to find them on the sectional chart.

Also TAFs and METARs, and Aeronautical Decision Making made up the vast majority of the rest of the test, for me at least. They say each test is randomized from a bank of 300 FAA questions..Good Luck

Thanks. Guys. I am pretty good with sectionals. I can find things on a map. MEATARs and TAFS are what I am shaky on. Maybe I will get lucky and not get any. My instructor is going to give me a brush up tonight, to help clear them up.

If you can get sectionals then you can easily get TAFs and METARs..it's basically memorization...I found flash cards worked well for me, didn't have any trouble with the TAFs or METARS, only part I struggled with was differentiating the different radio frequencies listed for airports on the sectionals and pinpointing areas with longitude and latitude coordinates

I will be sure to look over the frequency thing again. The wife is going to have the kids out of the house so I can have peace and quite to brush up. Glad we have the forum to bounce ideas off each other.

METARs and TAFs look intimidating but my experience has been that once you understand what you're looking for, they become much clearer. (Still feels like they were designed for pilots from the 1910s instead of the 2010s...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.