secraft + i pad = nice package

Reaction score
Just waiting for the strong winds to die so i can try this new set up.

Attachments

• 20140509_182540 (Mobile).jpg
    20140509_182540 (Mobile).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,088
  • 20140509_182617 (Mobile).jpg
    20140509_182617 (Mobile).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 20140509_182558 (Mobile).jpg
    20140509_182558 (Mobile).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,108
I was looking at that as an option but it's very pricey. Definitely let us know if you feel it is worth the price after using the setup. Looks really nice though...

It looks like you don't have the stock setup on your tray. Can you give us the details of what components you are using and please let us know how it works!

Took it out today and couldn't be more happy with this setup only thing that is needed is a sunshade for the I Pad other than that everything works great couldn't be more happier with all the flights. The tray set up was bought as a complete tray package designed for the DJI phantoms a little pricey at $180.00 but well worth it.

Avenger44 said:
Took it out today and couldn't be more happy with this setup only thing that is needed is a sunshade for the I Pad other than that everything works great couldn't be more happier with all the flights. The tray set up was bought as a complete tray package designed for the DJI phantoms a little pricey at $180.00 but well worth it.
I was thinking of buying this but noticed it came with the $35 neck strap that I already have. So I went to Secraft's website to see how much it would be to build it by piece.
It's $90 for the tray: http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1433
It's $55 for the iPad Mini Station for the wifi repeater: http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?number=1432
I have a iPad mini... so this kit would be $145

But then they offer this iPad Mini station for the Tx tray for another $55: http://www.secraft.net/shop/step1.php?n ... 0111064239
If I have an iPad Mini, do I need both or just one of these? and which would I buy? I'm a little confused by this...

I ordered the same package, now I only need good sunshade for it....

Anyone got a good suggestion for that with this setup ?

Happy flying,

Roegie

Avenger44 said:
You will need the 1st and second items for $145
Thanks. Do you know why one might want the 3rd item over the 2nd? I'm trying to understand their intent behind the two different items... They look very similar.. The 2nd item appears to allow the mount of the range extender while the second one doesn't at the same price. If you could also have the option to mount the range extender at the same price, why would anyone limit themselves to the 3rd option... unless maybe it's lighter or offers some other advantage in the event you don't need to mount the range extender...

I wish I understood also but you are better off with the 2nd one which allows you to mount the range extender for the same price.

Avenger44 said:
I wish I understood also but you are better off with the 2nd one which allows you to mount the range extender for the same price.
I noticed your tray has a black plastic iPad mount. Did it come with that? Option 2 appears to not include a plastic mount but rather fastens the mini iPad directly to the iPad mini station with some finger tightening bolt/screws..

srandall25 said:
Avenger44 said:
I noticed your tray has a black plastic iPad mount. Did it come with that? Option 2 appears to not include a plastic mount but rather fastens the mini iPad directly to the iPad mini station with some finger tightening bolt/screws..
I pad holder was separate and bolted right to the tray the I pad mini tray does have a different configuration for holding down the I pad mini

Avenger44 said:
srandall25 said:
Avenger44 said:
I pad holder was separate and bolted right to the tray the I pad mini tray does have a different configuration for holding down the I pad mini

I saw your comment on my classified add (wish you hadn't done that, I assume you meant to post here, and would appreciate you deleting it).

In reply to your post ...... it's still not as heavy as your option, allows for more adjustment, I'm including the entire "as new" transmitter, with the Ch7 lever, same iPad mini clip-in mount, and the modified extender mount .... for less than just your mount's price.

My version can be put in a case by just removing the ipad mini clip-in mount at the stock ball mount.
It's strong enough to turn the entire Tx, ipad mini mount, and ipad mini over by holding it all by just the ipad mount with the ball locked as per the stock set-up. Nothing will move ... it's that secure.

The option you posted, is certainly nice, better eye candy, and looks hi-tech.
But ........ it's also much heavier, bulky, (IMHO) get's in the way of the Tx controls, and is just way too pricey.

I did my mods for less than $10, hence my low price for everything .... including the Tx. :)

I posted a pictorial here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27893722&postcount=8624

I am answering the questions as they are asked, its a matter of opinion to the consumer what each individual likes or dislikes. I am not trying to sell anything in these posts, again just my opinion as to what works for me. You may call it eye candy I call it functional for my needs but hey everybody has there opinion :D

Avenger44 said:
I am answering the questions as they are asked, its a matter of opinion to the consumer what each individual likes or dislikes. I am not trying to sell anything in these posts, again just my opinion as to what works for me. You may call it eye candy I call it functional for my needs but hey everybody has there opinion :D

Yup,I totally agree ... eye of the beholder. ;)

BTW: I personally don't see anything wrong with eye candy, and meant no disrespect by using the term.
I have a number of helis with different color anodized "eye candy" parts on them.

Also, on second thought ..... if the side rails are adjustable or positioned at the right height on your system, it could be nice to have that to rest your hands on if you fly with the sticks pinched between thumb and index finger ..... as opposed to only thumbs on the top of the sticks.
I know a lot of people prefer the pinch method.

Yes, I do realize you are not selling the system, and are just doing us all a service by posting about it, and I don't think I'm alone in appreciating you doing that.
My response (in addition to letting people know I have my mod'ed Tx and iPad mini for sale ;) ) was to show people an inexpensive and alternative way to mount their iPad mini to the Tx.

No harm said :) glad to see different options out there and different configurations that suites each individual needs

Happy and safe flying my friend

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj