Second P3P on iPad Air 2

Reaction score
I;m about to add a second P3P to my 'fleet' and will be running it on the Go app. I'm currently running my first P3P on an iPad air 2 using the earlier version of the Go app. Will I be able to load a newer version of the Go app on the same iPad 2 air and switch back and forth so I can fly both drones using a single iPad? I've got on interest in flying them both at the same time but would like to keep the two apps discreet since the original has been working fine and I presume the updated version will work fine with the new drone.

Any issues here?

Thanks

Andrew

You can't do that since the moment you load the newer version of DJI Go app on the same iPad Air, the app is updated to the newer version. You'll need 2 separate mobile devices in order to fly them both at the same time.

That's a good question. I'm going to stay tuned to see if there is any other possibility.

No, you can't run two versions of the same app.
Only if you could segment the harddrive.

RedHotPoker

Same time, meaning, using two similar apps in one device. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Don't want to fly them at the same time. One will be a trainer and backup while the newer will do all the 'work'
You can enjoy both drones with one Go app. Just update it and enjoy it, like the rest of us have. ;-)
Why do you want to complicate your life and thinking?
By using one app you defeat the phantom (imaginary) dilemma. Ha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: sonof40
iPad will allow only one version of the app at any time. Once you delete it, it will allow only the latest app version on it unless you have backup.

Yes you can use your one device for both phantoms. (Not at the same time). It will recognize each phantom and keep the flight records separate.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj