Second P2V being returned

Reaction score
Well the replacement P2V I got last Friday seems to have a severe focus issue with stills in the upper right 1/4 of the image (you would think this quality issue would of been contained by DJI by now as I see it was a early issue some members had with this camera) and along the lower right edge. I did not notice it with images with sky occupying that area of the image but when trees are in the upper right 1/4 of the image it is very apparent. Back she goes to B&H for yet another exchange. It will take until after April 22 to get the replacement due to the Passover Holiday and B&H being closed for this.

My initial order was mid March... I was without a product last week due to returning the first one for a bad motor/ESC. Had this new one 5 days and now it has to go back and I will not have another one shipped to me for the next 14 days. So far I am 0 for 2 with P2V's and only have had 7-8 flights (all soft controlled landings on mowed grass no bumps, bangs, or whatevers) total since mid March and most of them in the backyard and will have a total of 3 weeks of downtime returning and receiving product out of 5 weeks.

I am starting to think this is just not meant to be.......

Maybe you want to consider going with the P2V+? It's brand new and for an extra $100 it's totally worth it. Just my opinion.

IMO if they can't build a quality product 5 months after it' s launch there is no way in h--- I would be a early adopter on a newly launched product with some totally new hardware. I'm annoyed at being a paying beta tester/quality control inspector for them on a product that by now should have known quality issues contained and corrected.

No one has a production run P2V+ yet so no one knows actually if it is good or a POS yet! God bless DJI early adopters!!!!!!! I surely don't have the patience for that duty......

The problem is with your returns is that's just the way the camera is. It's never going to be "perfect" and it's not "Extremely High End" as they say so in their advertising. There will always be some visual or focal anomaly towards the very outer edges due to the wide angle nature of the lens.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl