Second flight: Vertical-ness

Reaction score
So, still in Beginner until I have more hours and confidence... so I jumped it up to the "ceiling"... this is too much fun!

e934e37b0f863405b8b02b8b7983ea1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You guys do know we're supposed to stay under 400ft right? [emoji52]

I decided to wait awhile for altitude and distance. Even at 400 feet, that's a long way to fall if I screw up and
cut the throttle too far (which stops the fans). Or do some stupid cross controlling (also stops the fans). And I don't
want to walk far in case the fans stop.

But that's just me !

Flying straight up over your head is harder than flying away and is also the worst place to be for reliable radio connection.
I reckon i have personally see more people crash from flying straight over their head than just about any other position.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Flying straight up over your head is harder than flying away and is also the worst place to be for reliable radio connection.
I reckon i have personally see more people crash from flying straight over their head than just about any other position.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Please elaborate why overhead is worst... I'm new, learning and this is a respectful question...

Please elaborate why overhead is worst... I'm new, learning and this is a respectful question...

I'm guessing because of the way the signals go from the remote to the bird. Having the remote pointing at the backside is probably better. (Or frontside)

From a piloting perspective when it's high up directly over head it's easy to get disoriented and also fly into or look into the sun temporarily binding you and then new pilot's panic.
From a radio point of view the P3H has a limited and quite directional wifi range . It is designed to radiate out the front of the transmitter and when you fly over head your at 90 degrees to that signal path and at its weakest point.

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Actually I just looked it up and it's recommended to stay at 90 meters altitude but it's not in the actual regulations from what I could find.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

......... Even at 400 feet, that's a long way to fall if I screw up and
cut the throttle too far (which stops the fans)...........

Just an FYI.
Full down left stick will only kill the motors after the Phantom has landed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20