Second Flight of PS3

Reaction score
Boy am I impressed with the easiness of flying this thing. Just went to a local field and flew it till the battery went dead. Instead of my little opening in the forest, this field has no nearby trees and I had it all to myself. Manual vs GPS was interesting but even without GPS this thing flys so well compared to my little Syma 5C. I hit 17 minutes before I got the 30% warning I had set as I was happy to land manually - low and slow.

Just now looking at the video and am very happy. Did buy some quick release prop guards and new phone holder. Prop guards and many of the places I will video will have lots of "traps" and the phone holder as I just felt I could not trust the plastic one.

Need to get a second battery but then I am all set to go, feel that the training on the toy made the Phantom a pleasure to fly manually. I only went up about 100' and about 100 yards, but I have very strong signal and my $15 Amazon windsurfer seemed to have a great signal. Plan on doing some more test flights before I had out to the desert or coast. Very happy with my little kit including the case that allows me to keep the props on. The quick connect guards are very easy install and remove.

Reactions: PhantomMenace65
I got the P3S to some conceptual shots for 3 min travelogues I do. I need dolly (track) shots and some eye candy flight scenes stuff. For right now down rezing the 2.7 to 1080P seems to works. If I find I really use this type of video, then I think in the fall I'll go for something like a phantom pro. But since its only for youtube and fun I'll wait until there is a P5 PRO or a Mavic with 1" sensor. And yes it is Fun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers