Second Drone , wedding photography

First off, GP is not a fish eye lens, it s a WA FOV less. Second, there is a reason its so popular in that MOST people do NOT have a problem correction its FOV in many different programs. If you are so concerned about distortion why not by a drone and put a full frame SLR on it? Sorry, the inspire camera is NOT going to be an improvement over the GP. Period. That'a a fact!

Gopro seem to think their lenses are fisheye. That's the word they use on their website.
The pictures taken with a Gopro definitely are fisheye - just the same as the P2+.
It's interesting to see the Gopro fans so keen to claim that the Inspire camera can never be as good as a Gopro - especially when they've never seen one and have no evidence to back up the assertion. They might be in for a surprise.

First of all GP cameras have different FOV's, that you can adjust the FOV. Second, no one has seen (other then the website pics) what the Inspire pics will look like. And we are only going off of the specs that DJI has posted. That said, thats the only way to compare until someone gets their hands on one. The specs don't match up against the GP. Period. Listen, I am quite happy with what I'm getting from the PV2+, stock camera , it suits my purpose for a goof around quad with a decent camera. I happen to be shooting a commercial this week and we have one shot the DP is going to use his PT2+ with a GP mount to match the other ftg being shot on a Cannon 5DMIII. All good. When/if the Inspire comes out and/or the GP drone, I will check it out. For now, me and my quad are happy!

Suwaneeguy said:
People, quit being a propaganda minister for the FAA.
For now, it IS 100% legal to fly and capture video for commercial purposes in the USA.

+10

I wish people in here would grow a brain and stop fearing the FAA like they are the Nazis --- they are NOT a lawmaking body like Congress --- they make "advisories" which they hope drone pilots will follow for common sense --- but they are NOT laws.

The Pirker case proves that the FAA's bark is worse than it's bite. :mrgreen:

MadMitch88, rules or laws... the term doesn't matter. The FAA can fine you if you do not follow them. The FAA will make an example out of more people if the ignorance continues. Why test their patience? Just follow their guidelines/rules/laws/(whatever term makes you happy) and everyone gets to fly safely.

msinger said:
MadMitch88, rules or laws... the term doesn't matter. The FAA can fine you if you do not follow them. The FAA will make an example out of more people if the ignorance continues. Why test their patience? Just follow their guidelines/rules/laws/(whatever term makes you happy) and everyone gets to fly safely.

I'm a firm believer in following laws that make common sense. Murder and rape are truly despicable acts, and so laws that forbid them make perfect sense.

Having the old fuddy duddies at the FAA drag their feet about "drone laws" and prohibiting commercial use for the interim makes ZERO sense to me. It looks like the final proposed rules and guidelines about drones won't be delivered to Congress by 2015 as promised, so why should we fine pilots be kowtowing to an inept agency like this?

Remember, this stupid rule is keeping a lot of people from making a nice living with their UAVs. What Congressperson would advocate that?

MadMitch88, agreed. Prohibiting commercial use makes no sense. That does not mean it's okay to make up our own rules though. If you really want to do the right thing, you need to submit a request for exemption to the FAA.

MadMitch88 said:
msinger said:

I'm a firm believer in following laws that make common sense. Murder and rape are truly despicable acts, and so laws that forbid them make perfect sense.

Having the old fuddy duddies at the FAA drag their feet about "drone laws" and prohibiting commercial use for the interim makes ZERO sense to me. It looks like the final proposed rules and guidelines about drones won't be delivered to Congress by 2015 as promised, so why should we fine pilots be kowtowing to an inept agency like this?

Remember, this stupid rule is keeping a lot of people from making a nice living with their UAVs. What Congressperson would advocate that?

TRUE. Just fly and shoot and be respecfful

msinger? dude, like where is your proof?
You persist on the facts as you know them. It's high time to get in with the times.
The FAA has been shot down twice for attempting to regulate commercial usage of drones.
Read up on the Pirker case and then pay a visit to www.dronelawjournal.com

Prylar Bek said:
Those are 'guidelines' they are not laws
Got any proof that these are only guidelines, they don't have to be followed, and it's impossible to get fined by the FAA if you get caught?

The GoPro 4 looks pretty impressive. For example:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30874

I guess time will only tell how the Inspire 1 stacks up against that.

Bigdz said:
On the DJI website they have the PV2+ specs for the camera at 14mp not 12mp...

My mistake, the Phantoms are 14 MP, but the Inspire 1 is 12 MP. Kinda surprising.

Attachments

• Statue_of_liberty_01.jpg
    Statue_of_liberty_01.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 295
I wouldn't touch the Inspire for at least 6 months after it becomes generally available. That is unless you like paying a lot of money to beta test. And if your goal is to film, you're better off with a P2 and GoPro Hero 4. It'll be a long time before DJI tunes their imaging capabilities to achieve what you can in Protune right now. Every Inspire video I've seen so far has issues.

true, true true. Totally agree. Industry buzz says its a dud for photography. You would think DJI would have at least TALKED to their potential clients before building this thing..oh I'm sorry...Octofilms and their "cinematographers.."they talked to you right???

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20