Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

(second)Best android tablet other then Nvidia

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Bigdz, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Bigdz

so I guess what I want to know is what android tablet would be (second)best to use as a monitor.
    I know the shield tablet is the best, but what about a nexus 7 2013 or any other android tab for that matter.
    I plan on using my iPhone 6+ but wanted an affordable android table that I could use as well(to fly both birds)
    Currently using kindle fire Hdx to fly my P2v+ but not compatible with the pilot app. Any suggestions would be great.

2. Kingfish28

My Dell 7840 just worked great for me!

3. bbfpv

nexus 7 (2013) has been used by inspire pilots for a while, though some say there's a noticeable lag.

4. td119

Can anyone tell me if the Nexus 7 supports HDMI output? I have been using the FatShark Dominators V2 on an Ipad Mini and they are great for FPV plus they have a video recorder so I can record what the application app is showing during the flight in the event of an error or worst a crash/fly away.

5. Rothgarr

I'd personally stick to the list of recommended Android devices. You never know if an update will no longer work on a non-named device -- then you've got an Android paperweight...

6. eseckinger

No lag here on inspire or p2

Meta4 likes this.
  7. Hovtech

If you have a name brand Android tab, it is going to work. As far as a paperweight, come on, it has many more uses than as a monitor for your P3.

8. Bigdz

I'm thinking the best bang for my buck would be the nexus 7 2013. Seems there is a lot of inspire pilots using it. I'm just wondering if there's any lag with it

9. Lofty Visions

Just search YouTube for something on the lines of "tablet DJI inspire". There are a few comparison vids and heaps of threads in the inspire forums. From my research Samsung tablets are a bit choppy and drop frames, the Dell mentioned earlier was a close second to the Shield and the Nexus 9 third. IPad mini 2 and Air 2 were the smoothest but then you're stuck with iOS if you like that sort of thing. I'm waiting for the Shield 2 with the new X1 processor, which is supposed to be twice as fast as the K1 in the current Shield, although the Nexus 7 (2013) is on the supported list:

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/spec

Look right down the bottom of the page

10. envisionabove

Nexus 7 is Officially Dead so Grab them while you can! I have 2 2013's love them for size! No HDMI out No Card Slots But Adapter cable works.

11. Built Drones

We're using the Nvidia Shield for the Inspire 1 which works great, hopefully it will continue to work throughout updates as it's not on the listed tablets on DJI's site.. Not sure how well it works with the P3 as of yet..

Lofty Visions likes this.
  12. Lofty Visions

Good point indeed.

13. coherent

I hoping it will work with the Acer Memo Pad 8. Faster processor and more memory than the nexus 7 2013... App loaded and runs fine, but P3 is enroute so haven't tested yet.
    If anyone tests it with a Memo Pad 8, or LG G3, let us know the results.

14. Andrea

Nexus 7 2013 does support HDMI output, unfortunately it doesn't have a proper HDMI connector (you have to use a proper miniUSB2HDMI connector), therefore it's USB connected OR HDMI connected, not both.
    It's a very good tablet anyway and personally I'm not experiencing any lag.