Searching for Waypoint Direction

Reaction score
Anyone using Ground Station with Phantom Vision encountering something similiar? As can be seen in the video the phantom arrives at a waypoint then rotates in the direction of the next waypoint, then rotates back again like it is having a problem finding the next waypoint. It does find the waypoint and then heads off in the correct direction. This does not happen all the time, but on this 4 waypoint flight it happened twice. I have updated to 3.06, but had the same issue under 3.04. Proper compass calibration was performed as well as a full calibration on the IMU. Any thoughts what is causing this and if it something I need to worry about? I had a very bad crash several months ago, changed the shell - nothing appeared to be wrong with any of the components inside and other than this issue with the waypoints it flys perfectly - even more stable with update 3.06 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snWTxBK1Nmw

If using the Datalink there is an option to choose heading for each waypoint with the default being 360. I am starting to use this option (900Mhz PC version for me) and need to do more controlled flights to offer any repeatable results. Not sure that option exists with the App.

gstennes said:
Anyone using Ground Station with Phantom Vision encountering something similiar? As can be seen in the video the phantom arrives at a waypoint then rotates in the direction of the next waypoint, then rotates back again like it is having a problem finding the next waypoint. It does find the waypoint and then heads off in the correct direction. This does not happen all the time, but on this 4 waypoint flight it happened twice. I have updated to 3.06, but had the same issue under 3.04. Proper compass calibration was performed as well as a full calibration on the IMU. Any thoughts what is causing this and if it something I need to worry about? I had a very bad crash several months ago, changed the shell - nothing appeared to be wrong with any of the components inside and other than this issue with the waypoints it flys perfectly - even more stable with update 3.06 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snWTxBK1Nmw

I've had it happen a couple of times and it's when satellite count flucuates between 5 - 7.

Hi EMCSQUAR - on the left side of the Flytrex data shown on the video you can see that the GPS is locked onto 10 satellites - I thought it might have been a GPS issue as well, but with that many satellites connected I don't think this is the issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik