Search Lights/Security Patrol with 4

Reaction score
Had my P4 for couple days and yes its fantastic......... thinking about attaching two S1 torches, they only 30gram and offer 500lm of light (apparently they will light up a football field) to landing skids and using for a "security patrol" at night (when dogs get upityy) on my large property?!?!

Any feed back on this "idea"?!?!?!?

the company i work for has a security division, & had experimented with using drones to patrol smaller sites or sites with single guards. I think someone mentioned the operators needing licences as they were in theory getting paid to fly & the idea's gone very quiet

The weight shouldn't be a problem since many people are attaching trackers that are double that weight.

Had my P4 for couple days and yes its fantastic......... thinking about attaching two S1 torches, they only 30gram and offer 500lm of light (apparently they will light up a football field) to landing skids and using for a "security patrol" at night (when dogs get upityy) on my large property?!?!

How are you going to turn the lights on and off? Manual I assume

I have a friend that uses his P3 to do surveillance on a few thousand acres they own. He uses Litchi and sets up a mission with way points, altitudes and points of interest. I flew with him last weekend and I was impressed how the camera stayed fixed on those points of interest on the 5 mile mission. We just sat back and watched it fly and film the route. Pretty neat stuff. he hasn't done any night missions yet.

Reactions: maseman88
cool great idea I like to film at night for wildlife so I used a led light from a bike light that broke works great still trying to get use of flying fpv though

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wouldn't some kind of IR capability for night security surveillance be an interesting application..

I have used my P4 for surveillance at my local club - we have had an issue with people getting inside and damaging property - caught them once and they took a shot at it with a .410 but no damage - haven't been back since though

Ok so kind of answered my own questions about using P4 to patrol on a "dark night with my dogs barking".........ran a way point flight path around my property, strapped on a powerful "gun light" and it worked perfectly!!

Attachments

• DJI_0092.jpg
    DJI_0092.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 515
  • DJI_0095.jpg
    DJI_0095.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 574
  • DJI_0097.jpg
    DJI_0097.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 556
  • DJI_0102.jpg
    DJI_0102.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 502
Ok so kind of answered my own questions about using P4 to patrol on a "dark night with my dogs barking".........ran a way point flight path around my property, strapped on a powerful "gun light" and it worked perfectly!!
might have to try this with my surefire x300 lol

If your talking about the "Baton" S1 Torch , make sure you take the magnet out of the tail cap first or it will mess with the Phantoms compass.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1