Search and rescue successful

Reaction score
So I bought my first RC airplane today. A small Cessna style. Takes little 150 MA batteries. I took it up and the slight wind we had kept pushing it away from me. I couldn't do anything but watch it drifts further and further away until it finally disappeared behind a tree line. I jumped in my car went a few hundred yards down the road and started knocking on a few doors asking permission to search their wooded areas. Chances were slim that this Styrofoam plane would be found. I figure it would be laying in the canopy of 100 ft oaks. So after stomping around in the back woods for 45 minutes I figured the 100.00 plane was gone. I had my P4 with me so I went back to the launch site and kind of gauged were I last saw the plane. It took just 5 minutes of scanning the area at an altitude of 150ft when I located it. It was about 30 feet from the trees sitting like it was parked on a run way. It looked just like WW2 areial footage with a tiny looking plane like object in a field. I was able to zoom in a bit to confirm it was my plane. It was at a house 2 more doors down. So with a few ull battery in my P4 I let it hover and kept sight off it. I jumped in my car and followed the map and closed in on the p4. Even though I knew exactly where it was and the owner had an open yard I knocked on the door and explained the situation. I even showed them the areial footage of the drone parked just beyond the property in the tree line. They aloud me to land the P4 and walk over to the back of their yard and retrieve my lost plane. I have never been so proud!

So I bought my first RC airplane today. A small Cessna style. Takes little 150 MA batteries. I took it up and the slight wind we had kept pushing it away from me. I couldn't do anything but watch it drifts further and further away until it finally disappeared behind a tree line. I jumped in my car went a few hundred yards down the road and started knocking on a few doors asking permission to search their wooded areas. Chances were slim that this Styrofoam plane would be found. I figure it would be laying in the canopy of 100 ft oaks. So after stomping around in the back woods for 45 minutes I figured the 100.00 plane was gone. I had my P4 with me so I went back to the launch site and kind of gauged were I last saw the plane. It took just 5 minutes of scanning the area at an altitude of 150ft when I located it. It was about 30 feet from the trees sitting like it was parked on a run way. It looked just like WW2 areial footage with a tiny looking plane like object in a field. I was able to zoom in a bit to confirm it was my plane. It was at a house 2 more doors down. So with a few ull battery in my P4 I let it hover and kept sight off it. I jumped in my car and followed the map and closed in on the p4. Even though I knew exactly where it was and the owner had an open yard I knocked on the door and explained the situation. I even showed them the areial footage of the drone parked just beyond the property in the tree line. They aloud me to land the P4 and walk over to the back of their yard and retrieve my lost plane. I have never been so proud!
Uploading the footage might be good too :D or screen caps

Reactions: pomonabill220
Well, do it over. Hahaha
We need to see footage, doctored, original ~ facsimile. ;-)
Good story with a happy ending though. Thanks for sharing your excitement and happiness. ;-)

RedHotPoker

OH RATS!!! Didn't record it!
That would have been great to see!
Well glad you got your plane back, and the home owners were nice enough to let you get it and land your quad!
You did the right thing to ask too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31