cr6

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to posting here, but I've been lurking for over a year, as I continue to grow & hone my skills & my business.

Last edited:
It's a very broad based law that's both difficult to enforce let alone prosecute. That said, it's still the law so just use common sense. If you intend on flying over and/or filming somebody's property, simply knock on the door and get permission first. Out of all the homes & businesses I've filmed, I've only had one person tell me no. It wouldn't hurt if you typed up something and made a bunch of copies to take with you to have people sign, stating that yes you were given permission by the owner to fly/film their property. Same goes with filming people as well, but 9 times out of 10, you won't be flying close enough to them to make out their identity on camera, so that's not as much a concern. It really helps put peoples mind at ease if they know you're Part 107 certified too. Fly safe and fly responsibly and you'll be fine. Good luck! :) Nice to have another local flyer around!

Last edited:
While in many cases, ownership is pretty obvious (house is probably owned by the occupant), in my case it's usually not. I live south of town and fly over a lot of empty farmland filming wildlife mostly. From 400', I might get 20 farm lots in a shot. Any thoughts on that?

I wouldn't worry about it then. Unless you're using that footage to commercially make a profit from it, it's highly unlikely that anyone is going to complain that you're filming their property.

Give me a holler if you ever want to go flying some time. [emoji106]

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj