SD cards

Reaction score
Just a quickie...
I just realised that the piece of crap sd card my P3A was shipped with ain't worth a light.
All my computers have stopped recognising it even though they acknowledge any others I choose to slot in.
Need a new one off amazon... What size/class is best?
Thanks

There isn't one best memory card. You can find a list of commonly used memory cards here.

Try to re format it in the go app.
This.
It's unlikely there's anything wrong with the supplied one, except it's not got much capacity..
The video files even at 1080p are very large and if you usually delete rather than format there re a lot of fragments left behind which are potentially causing problems.
It's a good idea to get a larger card and keep the supplied one as back up in the case, for when you left the usual one in the computer slot :)

I hope this doesn't devolve into yet another SD card write/read argument like the "which SD card" threads seem to all the time.

My take is what @msinger said. There isn't a best. Many work well.

As far as density of the card, I go against the grain somewhat. I prefer smaller sized cards and swapping them more frequently. Sometimes with each battery change for example.

I always feel better when I take out the card. It sort of feels like that media is now banked and cant then become corrupt or lost before I offload the files. I cant imagine losing a full 64GB card that I've left in my Phantom for many flights.

Reactions: kirk2579
Thanks for the link and I'll try the format via the app. It is just strange that the Phantom recognises it, my tablet recognises it but no PC will. I thought it must be the adaptor but it's working with other cards I slot in.

SD cards that shipped with p3p are good. 633x speed and it works without any issues. Yes it is just 16Gb and it is not enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4