Sd card

Reaction score
Hi! What sd card would you recomend? Films are a bit grainy and flickers when I move the camera

The memory card that comes with your Phantom is fine to use. Check that your gimbal/camera cables are inserted fully and/or try a different memory card. Considering the issue occurs when moving the camera, it seems like it's related to a loose/damaged cable. Or, perhaps something internal if you've crashed your Phantom.

Reactions: TWP723
That website says Speed Class and UHS are "not compatible". So even though Speed Class 10 and UHS-1 seem to have the same performance, only one might work in our quads. Will either one work?

"Not compatible" is a bit misleading.

I'll give you some background. Speed class and UHS ratings are ratings that specify a minimum sustained speed. It is not the highest speed rating on the cards which is written on some of the better cards. Top speeds are for photos which require larger burst transfers. Having said that the Speed Class and UHS have some ratings that are similar but they go about it differently.

UHS is the newer standard. Class ratings are the older standard. The UHS uses a new data bus. That data bus requires the host to have the UHS bus as well. While the Class 10 speed rating is 10 mb/s which is the same as the UHS 1, the UHS 1 still outperforms the class 10 card because of the benefits of the new bus.

Now in terms of "compatibility" UHS-1 cards are backwards compatible in a way. Essentially, if a UHS-1 card is placed in a device with a non-UHS compliant device, it will default back to Class rating and that bus. However a device without a UHS bus will not benefit from a UHS 1 card.

In the end... Get a UHS-1 card as it will be better because the P3 does have a UHS-1, or so it seems.

One other note on microSD cards. I always recommend and have used the fastest cards I could buy. The reason is very simple.... Transfer speed. Not to the card from the camera which is slow, by comparison, but from the card to the PC.

What most seem to forget is that when you are writing to the cards, you are doing that over a period of time. You are writing at the speed required for either the photo or video. However, when you are going to the PC you are transferring ALL your footage and photos at one time. That is where you want speed. I've been a photographer for years and shoot RAW 36MP images.... The faster the cards, the less time I waste downloading photos to the PC.

In the end, get a great reader (using the camera/device to transfer is awful) that can give you top speeds (USB 3.0 if you have it) for transfer and then fastest cards you can get. You'll be happy for it. My recommendation is don't spend $750 to $1000 for a drone or top camera and then save $10 on a slower card because the camera doesn't write that fast.... You're only looking at half the flow.

I go for Class 10/ U1 rated 64 GB cards and have no issues. U3 rated cards are expensive currently but hope will be cheaper in a years time.

Go only for branded ones as there are fakes available in the market. Silicon Power, Lexar, Samsung, Sandisk are few reputed ones, SP being the most economical.

I go for Class 10/ U1 rated 64 GB cards and have no issues. U3 rated cards are expensive currently but hope will be cheaper in a years time.

Go only for branded ones as there are fakes available in the market. Silicon Power, Lexar, Samsung, Sandisk are few reputed ones, SP being the most economical.

+1 on reputable manufacturers...

I'd stick with Lexar or SanDisk....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4