Sd card

Reaction score
hey I've just upgraded to the p3a, I thought I'd buy a bigger sd card I went for the scan disk ultra 64gb micro sd xc
But I can't get it to work, I transferred the latest firmware onto it plugged it back in my phantom but nothing. Resulted in me using the standard sd card supplied. Any one else had bad luck with the scan disk sd ?

Thanks Mike

hey I've just upgraded to the p3a, I thought I'd buy a bigger sd card I went for the scan disk ultra 64gb micro sd xc
But I can't get it to work, I transferred the latest firmware onto it plugged it back in my phantom but nothing. Resulted in me using the standard sd card supplied. Any one else had bad luck with the scan disk sd ?

Thanks Mike
using the same card, format it first, work great !!!

Like mentioned, try formatting it in the Phantom and see if they corrects the problem.

Hi thanks for the replies, I've just put it in and formatted it seems to be ok do I now need to put the latest firmware on this card also before flying my phantom ? Noob here so still learning

It's not a bad idea to leave it on the card though. That way, if you get a new battery, it'll get updated when you use it. As far as I know, there's no harm in leaving it on the card in the root

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have this same card and cannot get it to format to work with my P3S? Any ideas? When I try to format in the P3S and Go App it says it cannot. I then try to format in MS Dos FAT on my macbook which that works but once I stick it in the P3S it still won't recognize it???

I believe that you need to format a 64 Gb memory card with exFAT, not just DOS FAT.
DOS FAT only recognizes and formats up to 32 Gb carrds.

I believe that you need to format a 64 Gb memory card with exFAT, not just DOS FAT.
DOS FAT only recognizes and formats up to 32 Gb carrds.

Tried that as well my friend, still no worky...[emoji30]

Tried that as well my friend, still no worky...[emoji30]

What brand/model card? It may just be a bad card. I use my Mac to format cards frequently with no issues. I have seen cards arrive DOA so it would not surprise me.

What brand/model card? It may just be a bad card. I use my Mac to format cards frequently with no issues. I have seen cards arrive DOA so it would not surprise me.

It was this one and I tried every way to format it I also have a 2015 macbook pro and it would see it and was able to access it and format it but it just would not work in the P3S
e5e0c8194925df9e82b83c82c0d33aea.jpg

but now I just ordered this one. It should work right???
0da6d396b72f8a0fb39efc6f394f2230.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20