SD Card Won't Engage

Reaction score
I have read several other posts about the sd card not staying in the slot. As of today, my P3 can be added to the list. I will contact DJI to see what my options are, but from the other posts I am guessing it will have to go back for repair. I wish someone would make a diy video on doing the repair. I'm experienced in electronics, but not enough to repair it without seeing it done.

This is a much more common problem than is known.
Quite a few people experience this sooner or later. Seems the majority that do, have it happen very early on such as within the first week or two so it is definitely a manufacturing defect.

Is yours a P3A?

If someone has a damaged gimbal that could be opened to see what's involved that would be extremely helpful to all those that have already had this problem as well as those will will in the future.

If someone has a damaged paperweight gimbal they could donate I'd be glad to go inside it and see what would be involved.

Sorry to hear this - some other threads suggest that the best way is removing the sd card to transfer the files to pc/laptop/tablet.
I've always used the usb cable for transferring the files - it may not be the quickest but will reduce wear & tear on that little piece of tiny tech.

This is a much more common problem than is known.
Quite a few people experience this sooner or later. Seems the majority that do, have it happen very early on such as within the first week or two so it is definitely a manufacturing defect.

Is yours a P3A?

If someone has a damaged gimbal that could be opened to see what's involved that would be extremely helpful to all those that have already had this problem as well as those will will in the future.

If someone has a damaged paperweight gimbal they could donate I'd be glad to go inside it and see what would be involved.
Yes I have seen it posted a few times-- but no fixes-- usually sent back for repair. Even though is has popped up on the forum a couple of times it probably is not enough for someone to dig in and see how to fix it.

Here is one of the threads
Micro SD card slot won't hold card.

Let us know how it goes. You are supposed to receive it Wednesday, November 18th.
When did you send it?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic