SD card video

Reaction score
Hello all,

I know this has been posted before but I can't find it. My phone died as I landed and now I can't get the videos to play on the computer. Plays fine off the mobile while connected. How do I "finalize" a video?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are removing the sd from the drone, and it still wont play on the pc?

Put SD back into Phantom. Turn on the Phantom, connect mobile device. Turn everything off and happy importing :)

Tried reinserting. Plays fine on mobile. Using card reader. No luck.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is also creating .srt files
Turn off this setting:

DJI-GO-Video-Caption.png

Riiight... I turned that on on purpose but back to the video it still won't play

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got it. I thought you were asking :)

Are you caching video on your mobile device too? If so, then that would explain why it plays fine there. Did you try copying the video files off of your memory card before playing them?

It is cashed but both versions are playing. Yes I am moving it off the phantom. It has worked before. First video over 2min but is under 6min.

First video over 2min but is under 6min.
I don't know what this means.

Tell us some more about what happens after you move them to your computer and attempt to play them there.

Are you sure you turned on the P3 AFTER reinserting the SD, gave it a minute after connecting phone, and then turned off and removed card?

I don't know what this means.

Tell us some more about what happens after you move them to your computer and attempt to play them there.

I have only had 3 flights. The first two with video only had 1-2 minutes in the air. I.E. This is the longest video yet.

Are you sure you turned on the P3 AFTER reinserting the SD, gave it a minute after connecting phone, and then turned off and removed card?

Yep! I even left it for 5min to make food. I also tried direct connecting the gimbal to download video... NOTHING!

I am realizing maybe it's the fact I shot in .mov? But I have watched .mov before without issue.

So, you copy the MOV files from the memory card to your computer. And, then you try to play them on your computer. What happens next?

Using VLC nothing. It just opens and waits. But it did one time crash with codec errors. But that's 1/20-30 tries.

Is it possible that VLC is not working properly? Did you try another video player to rule that out as a possibility?

Which other program did you try? What happened there?

It also isn't showing the thumbnail of the video like it usually does. Tried windows movie player. Something blank screen video. Also tried QuickTime crashed with a I can't read this error.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1