Sd card stuck

Reaction score
Hey,

Had my phantom about a week now just came to change the sd card for a larger storage 1 and found the the sd card is stuck, usually press and it released like any other ?? Anybody else had this problem ?? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

After pressing it in, remove your finger as quickly as possibly to give it the best springing action to pop out as far as it'll allow. If that does not help, then try pulling it out with tweezers. Some memory cards are a little thicker than others for some reason.

I had the same issue when I got my P3A. I had an old sd card that I used against the stuck one and by continually and quickly pushing it in against the stuck one to get that spring and release action - it finally popped out. msingger is right some are a little thicker than others. If you use the tweezers as he suggested - try pushing it in as normal to release it while holding with the tweezers then pull on them as you release the pressure on the card. Good luck.

Keep something over the slot when you release the spring action on the card though, like a knuckle, or your other hand. There's a card somewhere in this room that I cant locate, because I had the same trouble getting the card out, depressed it, and released. It came out so fast I didn't even see it. Launched out of the camera, and I haven't seen it since. **** those things are small. Probably in the vacuum by now.

Thanks people, still no luck getting it out, email dji support lets see what happens [emoji85]

Is there enough sd card exposed to get a pair of medical hemostats clamped on it?

Nothing its pretty well stuck in

You could have a bad card slot or sometimes you get a funky card that just doesn't fit well. Do NOT attempt to force it out unless the card is unlocked from the slot. If you listen carefully you hear a little "click" when it engages/disengages the locking mechanism. If you rip the card out while locked you will likely bend or break the tiny locking clip in the card slot.

Try pushing it with the corner of a credit card or something similar.

Nothing its pretty well stuck in

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20