SD card not working

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 64gb class 10 card and it is not working. I can film for 10-20 seconds and then it will stop filming on its own. I tried formatting it from the app and it will say it cant format it. I also tried formatting it from the computer. Here is the link for the card I bought. Hopefully we can get this figured out thanks! NEW 64GB Micro SD Card SDXC Memory Card SD Adapter class 10 FREE TF Reader BLACK

I've had a card that wouldn't format and just I changed it .
Sent it back to Amazon and they sent me another one that worked. Not that one but just try another card .

Becareful with the ebay cards. They have a lot of fake un reliable cards. I'd stick with named brands to avoid any issues.

I recently purchased a 64gb class 10 card and it is not working. I can film for 10-20 seconds and then it will stop filming on its own. I tried formatting it from the app and it will say it cant format it. I also tried formatting it from the computer. Here is the link for the card I bought. Hopefully we can get this figured out thanks! NEW 64GB Micro SD Card SDXC Memory Card SD Adapter class 10 FREE TF Reader BLACK
If you look his negs say they are fake cards. Most people won't find out until they try to record more than 4GB which is what they seem to be according to his feedback. There are free utilities you can run that will tell you the exact true size. But a very good price for a 64GB Class 10 is about $14 so I'm guessing you got fleeced.

$6.99 for a 64GB card is in the "too good to be true" category. I suggest returning it to the vendor for a refund & purchasing a name-brand card from a reliable source. You can purchase a SanDisk Ultra 64GB card from Amazon for around $22 last time I checked.

Reactions: shorttimer
Looks like you got what you paid for.... Junk..
Hopefully you can return it.

Exactly. Look at Amazon for a name brand. You can also check Best Buy as they often have sales on memory cards. I prefer several smaller cards over one larger one. I do this in the event of a bad card, I won't lose everything. It's just personal preference.

$6.99 for a 64GB card is in the "too good to be true" category. I suggest returning it to the vendor for a refund & purchasing a name-brand card from a reliable source. You can purchase a SanDisk Ultra 64GB card from Amazon for around $22 last time I checked.
Yesterday Amazon had the Sony 64GB Class 10 for $14 and the 128GB Class 10 for $40. But the sales only last a day but they usually have a sale about once a week. It is from a camera shop via Amazon.

I figured I would give it a shot and possibly get lucky but not in this case. I went ahead and ordered a different one thanks everyone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl