SD Card Issues - not recording Video or Pictures

Reaction score
Hello - I had some problems recording video and pictures this weekend. I was out in a cool wilderness area and took some great shots but I couldn't record video. I would hit the button on the DJO Go app and it wouldn't start the recording. It seemed like it was taking picture just fine. I shut down DJI GO and started Litchi and it looked like it was recording and taking pictures.

I get home and there was nothing on my SD card. I have a high end fast Samsung 64GB SD card. So I reformatted it and took it out and it worked. I took the pictures and video off of it. Put it back in the Bird and it said that the SD card wasn't formatted. So I took it out, reformatted it on my computer, put it back in and it worked.

Not sure what the problem is. It has never done this before. Don't know what is causing this problem but it sure is disappointing when you think you are getting some great shots and then come home to find nothing on the card.

Thoughts?

It sounds like the card is going bad or is bad. Might want to try a different one to test it out. Which Samsung card do you have?

Reactions: bondy
The Pixtor model I think is a Best Buy exclusive. If you're looking to purchase from best but, you'll be able to get a Samsung Evo+ 64gb for $21. Not a bad price and I think Samsung are pretty good cards.

I had a similar issue with one of my cards. Wouldn't record, after using it may times before. In small print above the record button it showed an SD Card error. I did an in-bird format, and all was well.

I had a similar issue with one of my cards. Wouldn't record, after using it may times before. In small print above the record button it showed an SD Card error. I did an in-bird format, and all was well.
Ahh - so it might be the the bird doesn't like outside formatting. I will try to format inside bird again and see what happens.

I will give that a shot first and then try a new card.

The Pixtor model I think is a Best Buy exclusive. If you're looking to purchase from best but, you'll be able to get a Samsung Evo+ 64gb for $21. Not a bad price and I think Samsung are pretty good cards.
Interesting, I bought 2 of these cards and neither worked despite multiple formats and tests. In the end I am returning / exchanging them for a Sandisk ultra, which came with the package when I bought the P4 and works like a charm. I guess the moral of the story is there's a lot of variance and also cards can have issues, even when others have no issues with them. I'll stick with Sandisk based on my experience. Shame the Samsung ones didn't work out, they work for other less demanding uses, but as I bought them specifically for recording in 4K with the P4 ... back they go. I'd be interested in other's feedback on cards in general that they've used

Interesting, I bought 2 of these cards and neither worked despite multiple formats and tests. In the end I am returning / exchanging them for a Sandisk ultra, which came with the package when I bought the P4 and works like a charm. I guess the moral of the story is there's a lot of variance and also cards can have issues, even when others have no issues with them. I'll stick with Sandisk based on my experience. Shame the Samsung ones didn't work out, they work for other less demanding uses, but as I bought them specifically for recording in 4K with the P4 ... back they go. I'd be interested in other's feedback on cards in general that they've used
Welcome to the forum!

"I bought 2 of these cards and neither worked despite multiple formats and tests."
Did you format them in the Phantom with the Go app?
Didn't they format, and just didn't work?

Rod

Ahh - so it might be the the bird doesn't like outside formatting. I will try to format inside bird again and see what happens.

I will give that a shot first and then try a new card.
Yes, this can happen, I ran into a problem, the larger cards need be in exFAT

How many hours can record?

Rod

Welcome to the forum!

"I bought 2 of these cards and neither worked despite multiple formats and tests."

Rod
Welcome to the forum!

Rod
Rod, you're a star & I feel like a complete berk for not realising that was a critical factor. After reading your reply I did format in the P4 and hey presto the cards are both fine. No idea why I didn't do this before and I'm so glad I searched the forums and posted before sending them back to the ebay store I got them from!

Sage advice Sir, thanks!

Thanks Man

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

I don't now if my experience could helpful or not:

Sometimes my SD card wouldn't work. I checked it in my Mac, it was empty, no any file. But when I clicked 'get info' to check the card capacity, it shown that the card was almost full, there was only hundred bytes left out of 8gb. So, the case was: no any file but the card was almost full.

After browsed, finally I knew what the problem and how to fix it.
At Mac computer, if we delete a file in a card (SD card), it isn't really delete from our card. It stores in the Trash Bin. So what we need is to 'empty Trash Bin' while our card is still installed in our Mac.

After did that, I can use my card again.

::

Last edited:
I don't now if my experience could helpful or not:

Sometimes my SD card wouldn't work. I checked it in my Mac, it was empty, no any file. But when I clicked 'get info' to check the card capacity, it shown that the card was almost full, there was only hundred bytes left out of 8gb. So, the case was: no any file but the card was almost full.

After browsed, finally I knew what the problem and how to fix it.
At Mac computer, if we delete a file in a card (SD card), it isn't really delete from our card. It stores in the Trash Bin. So what we need is to 'empty Trash Bin' while our card is still installed in our Mac.

After did that, I can use my card again.

::
Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, apple hides a lot of stuff, more than MS. To me your in dream, you just can't see the important details, then when I turn on show hidden files, its like a woke up.

To all,
SD card problems, first one in the list, format with the app. ;)

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers