SD card help

Reaction score
I plan on upgrading my micro SD card with a larger 64 GB class 10 card. My question is do I need to up grade my firmware when I install the new card or just format it or both. Also, is it ok to pull the card out of the camera and insert it into my computer to download videos instead of using the cable attached to the camera and having the drone on?

I plan on upgrading my micro SD card with a larger 64 GB class 10 card. My question is do I need to up grade my firmware when I install the new card or just format it or both. Also, is it ok to pull the card out of the camera and insert it into my computer to download videos instead of using the cable attached to the camera and having the drone on?
Yes you can. Just reformat it. 64gb is probably unnecessary though. I've never even come close to filling up the included 8gb. I also run a 32gb card and switch them out all the time without a issue.

To upload I always insert the micro SD into a USB adapter and plug it into my PC. From there I download and delete what I want untill the cards clean again.

Reactions: richter24
Yes you can. Just reformat it. 64gb is probably unnecessary though. I've never even come close to filling up the included 8gb.
I come home after an hour of flying and I regularly have more than 5GB of video and my bird only has a 2.7k camera. If I had a 4k camera I could easily see filling up an 8GB card quickly.

64GB may be a bit much, but if I were going on vacation and didn't want to lug a laptop with me, I'd want that capacity so I wouldn't have to worry about clearing the card before I got home. And in fact, that's exactly my situation when I go on vacation in three weeks.

So in the end, it all depends on how and what you shoot. Given how cheap memory cards are these days, what might be "unnecessary" to you might be very necessary to someone else.

Reactions: 805hd
I come home after an hour of flying and I regularly have more than 5GB of video and my bird only has a 2.7k camera. If I had a 4k camera I could easily see filling up an 8GB card quickly.

64GB may be a bit much, but if I were going on vacation and didn't want to lug a laptop with me, I'd want that capacity so I wouldn't have to worry about clearing the card before I got home. And in fact, that's exactly my situation when I go on vacation in three weeks.

So in the end, it all depends on how and what you shoot. Given how cheap memory cards are these days, what might be "unnecessary" to you might be very necessary to someone else.

That's what I'm planning, long weekends and not having to download.

Yes you can. Just reformat it. 64gb is probably unnecessary though. I've never even come close to filling up the included 8gb. I also run a 32gb card and switch them out all the time without a issue.

To upload I always insert the micro SD into a USB adapter and plug it into my PC. From there I download and delete what I want untill the cards clean again.

I filled my 8 GB in just 2 flights, I don't want to worry about filling it on long weekends at the boat this summer. But what about the firmware or is that only for the drone?

I filled my 8 GB in just 2 flights, I don't want to worry about filling it on long weekends at the boat this summer. But what about the firmware or is that only for the drone?
Yea I completely agree. I wasn't really thinking about whole weekends or trips. Not sure on the firmware question. Still learning myself here!

Reactions: richter24
Firmware is just for the Phantom, format with the Phantom, all should be good. ;)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj