SD card full issue

Reaction score
The 16 gig SD card that came with my Phantom 3 4K is "full" even though the card has nothing on it. I've wiped it several times and still I am not able to take pictures or record video on the card. Anyone else having the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Did you try wiping it from within DJI GO?

If you are wiping it by putting stuff in trash, you need to empty the trash to free up space.

Which app says it has nothing on it?

What is the exact message you see in DJI GO when you attempt to take a photo?

Have you tried the card in a computer ?
Does it work there ?
Have you tried a different card in your drone ?

I've had a similar situation where I deleted file when I had the SD in my laptop, but still showed the same capacity being used. After I transfer the files to my laptop, I use the Go app to reformat the SD.

It's best to format the card while onboard - using the app.
If you only delete the visible files, over time hidden stuff to do with indexing builds up and can reduce available space or even cause corrupted files.
This applies to all digital cameras really.
Formatting only takes a few seconds in any case.

Different cards work, Mac says nothing is on card as well

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
When you do an 'info' while the card is in the Mac, does it show no usable capacity? That's what mine was doing until I reformatted it in Go.

Never necessary to format the card with the app. Pull the card, stick it in the computer and format it.

Never necessary to format the card with the app. Pull the card, stick it in the computer and format it.

It depends! PC or Mac?

Some users formatted with Mac not using FAT32 by default and further got told to use "sdcard formatter" to do this correctly. Format with Go App just always works as not dependent of computer platform?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: 4wd
Old floopy time rule, format it in the device you will write and not on the device you will read.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik