SD Card Formatting Failed.

Reaction score
I am getting the error message "SD Card Formatting Failed" or "SD Card Fortmat Timeout" every time I try formatting a chip. So I went and bought a brand new chip (SanDisk 64GB 95MB/s pictured) with the same results. I've tried a 32GB chip that was previously used in the bird too.

I've tried formatting FAT32 and exFAT on my computer, then installing in the bird, but again no luck.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Champagne Charlie.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 589
Have you tried formatting on the bird side via the GO app?

I had the same problem. Called DJI Tech Support and was told SD card was corrupted and needed a new one. Got a new SD card and had the same problem.
I then took the old SD card to my computer, (1) erased it, (2) formatted it, (3) downloaded the latest Phantom 3 Advanced update to my desktop, (4) unzipped the downloaded file, (5) copied the unzipped file and pasted it to the now erased and formatted (old origin) SD card.
I then inserted the SD card into the gamble and turned the Phantom on. It went through the process of the gamble light alternating between green and red but also made a loud and fast beeping sound. After about 15 minutes, the beeping stopped, the gamble light turned solid green and all worked perfectly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20