SD Card Formation

Reaction score
Hey guys, just ordered a 64 gig Scandisk micro sd card, and I think it wont be as simple as just plug n play. Don't I need to format it somehow to make it work? Anyone ever buy an SD card like this? Let me know what I need to do once it arrives. Thank you.

On the your phone app, go to camera, tap the little settings cog on the right hand side, then on the left side, scroll down the camera settings to the bottom. Format the card there. I do it regularly to free up room. The most I've used off one battery was 1.64GB. I have 3 batteries, so it's easy to use over 4GB in one session.

DJI says the sd cards have to be 32gb or smaller to work. So you might have to partition it to only have one partition thats 32gb and then format that partition. But I'm not sure if you do have to do that to get it to work if you can partition the other unused space as if its another drive and still be able to use the space or not.

Siwulam said:
Hey guys, just ordered a 64 gig Scandisk micro sd card, and I think it wont be as simple as just plug n play.
I hope the one you bought was a class 10.

Let us know if it works as DJI says largest is 32g. That will work. Hopefully partitioning will work too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl