SD Card Format

Reaction score
My first videos on my P34k with the microSD card that came with the unit played fine on my smart TV. I then bought a new larger GB microSD card and went out and recorded much more. But it was incompatible with my smart TV (LG 4k). When I first used my P34k I was using the DJI Go app on my Samsung note 5 and formatted the original microSD card. With the new larger GB microSD card I used my IPAD Mini with DJI Go app to format. Is that the problem? How can I use my IPAD mini and still watch my videos on my LG Smart TV?

My first videos on my P34k with the microSD card that came with the unit played fine on my smart TV. I then bought a new larger GB microSD card and went out and recorded much more. But it was incompatible with my smart TV (LG 4k). When I first used my P34k I was using the DJI Go app on my Samsung note 5 and formatted the original microSD card. With the new larger GB microSD card I used my IPAD Mini with DJI Go app to format. Is that the problem? How can I use my IPAD mini and still watch my videos on my LG Smart TV?
If the format was compatible with your Phantom it should be OK.
Look at the actual files to see what they are.
If you have updated firmware, your settings will have reverted to default values and your video will be .MOV rather than .MP4
I'm wondering if that might be the issue?

I did undergo a firmware upgrade and it was set at .MOV, I changed it to .MP4 and it recorded in .MP4. Still can not play on either my WIN OS laptop nor on my LG 4k smartTV.

upload_2016-8-18_9-17-0.png

(with panasonic TV) I found MP4 plays OK, how you connect it is important - for 4K you need to use the USB3 input and a USB3 card reader or transfer to a USB3 memory stick.
My USB hub is a USB2.0, maybe that is the issue. But why would it work my original microSD card?

Is there a preferred format? Mines in MOV and it also will not play in WMP. Although it Will in VCL player.

Is either format better than the other?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic