SD card file numbers

Reaction score
I am almost positive there's a little switch or setting to cause picture and video files to be numbered in ascending order.... and I just haven't come across it?

After I fly, I remove the SD card and copy those files to the hard drive... Then delete the original files from the SD card. Problem is when I come back after the next flight with new files, that have the same starting file number as the last set, which are duplicates of course and create a little hassle for moving the same numbered files.

Any one know how to adjust this file name issue?

THANKS!

Mark

I had exactly the same problem. What I thought of was to delete all except the last video and last photo. That way hopefully the camera will start the numbering from one after the ones I've left. I haven't had chance to test if this works yet, but worth a try - I'm not going to get any flying done until Friday so if you try it before me let me know if it works!

Like you I much prefer to use a card reader direct rather than transferring via my phone.

I forgot to say I tried it before my last flight. Interestingly it doesn't differentiate between .MP4 or .JPG - whatever it saves next it gives the next consecutive number. So just leave the highest numbered "whatever" on the card and it does then carry the sequence on.

It confused me at first as I thought I'd lost some stills - then found them higher numbered than the ones I took previously because about 10 video clips were before them in the number sequence.

coloradosky said:
After I fly, I remove the SD card and copy those files to the hard drive... Then delete the original files from the SD card. Problem is when I come back after the next flight with new files, that have the same starting file number as the last set, which are duplicates of course and create a little hassle for moving the same numbered files.

Instead of manually copying the files from the card, use a utility to "import" them. For example, Windows has a simple import utility which copies the images into a named folder and adds a tag to the file names. See:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... y-computer

Personally, I use Adobe Lightroom. I have it set to extract the date and time from the images and use the information as part of the file name for the images it imports. There are many other programs that offer the same kind of functionality.

-- Roger

Pull_Up said:
So just leave the highest numbered "whatever" on the card and it does then carry the sequence on.
could be interesting to see if a 0 bytes file with the right name DJIxxxxx.JPG is enough to set from what number to start :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl