SD card after battery swap

Reaction score
Hello again, today is topic: why I can not record straight away after swapping batteries.

So I made a trip to graffiti highway (abandoned section of a highway covered in tourist art) and like usual missed a cool video opportunity. Some kids on Quads showed up and were riding wheelies and jumping them. I was just returning at about 16% on my 1st battery. Swapped in a new battery and took off within 2 minutes I was chasing two of the riders up and down the highway while they did tricks.

I hit record and it records about 10 seconds then just ends. I try to hit record again and it does it again. Return, land, off, on (controller and drone), fly out, same thing. One lasted about 30 seconds following the kid around then it just stops on it's own. All that video gone.

SD card was about 50% full, I even cleared my cache. This happens a lot when I swap batteries quickly.

So anytime this happens I always seem to have zero issues if I wait a little bit before making my second battery flight. I packed up and went to the next point of interest and recorded perfectly. Something I should be aware of?

Long post but I'm off work this week and i like to talk. Thanks.

I hit record and it records about 10 seconds then just ends. I try to hit record again and it does it again. Return, land, off, on (controller and drone), fly out, same thing. One lasted about 30 seconds following the kid around then it just stops on it's own. All that video gone.

SD card was about 50% full, I even cleared my cache. This happens a lot when I swap batteries quickly.
There's nothing about changing batteries that should have any effect on this.

Ok thanks, I think that as well. I'd say this is about the 5th time it's happened. Usually I just return real quick (I'm rarely out very far by the time I notice) reboot it and it works. I'm just getting annoyed now this is the 3rd time I lost an opportunity for something I really wanted to record :/

This happens a lot when I swap batteries quickly.
I'm curious. Are you remembering to always stop the recording before you shut down and pull the battery?

Forgive me for asking, but we have seen a few people here forget in their haste to get back up in the air. It usually causes issues finalizing the file which can sometimes be corrected by starting up the drone again. Perhaps you are experiencing related issues if you're not stopping the recording before shutdown.

Reactions: flyboy73
I do stop it... however maybe perhaps if I'm in the "red" on my battery life, like under 20% and still recording, it might affect things? I know I was recording until I was right above me, then hit stop... wonder if maybe it is still buffering longer than it took me to descend and power it down. Good thought! ^

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94