SD Card Access and External Monitor

Reaction score
[My one and only use for Microsoft Edge... posting in this forum since I don't get the post button on Chrome]

So I've had a little time to do some testing on accessing the micro SD card direct from my Android Nvidia Shield. I've been using Power Director Mobile for a few weeks and it's very good at throwing together quality videos. So I thought if there was an easy way to plug the micro SD card directly into the Shield, I could do everything on the fly. I have an OTG micro USB cable and it was just a matter of finding the right SD card reader that would work. Mission accomplished. I can now remove the SD card from the Phantom and directly access it from my Shield. Very sweet.
20150930_221149.jpg

But that had me looking around my office an I came across some HDMI adaptors. I've always thought about using the Shields external mini HDMI output but never followed through with this. Until tonight. It's not very practical but I'm going to try this out this weekend. Could be kind of cool.
20150930_220909.jpg

The cable is 15' so I should be able to move around enough to fly the Phantom. The monitor does not draw much power and is connected to an inverter which plugs into the car cig lighter.

[My one and only use for Microsoft Edge... posting in this forum since I don't get the post button on Chrome]

So I've had a little time to do some testing on accessing the micro SD card direct from my Android Nvidia Shield. I've been using Power Director Mobile for a few weeks and it's very good at throwing together quality videos. So I thought if there was an easy way to plug the micro SD card directly into the Shield, I could do everything on the fly. I have an OTG micro USB cable and it was just a matter of finding the right SD card reader that would work. Mission accomplished. I can now remove the SD card from the Phantom and directly access it from my Shield. Very sweet.

But that had me looking around my office an I came across some HDMI adaptors. I've always thought about using the Shields external mini HDMI output but never followed through with this. Until tonight. It's not very practical but I'm going to try this out this weekend. Could be kind of cool.

The cable is 15' so I should be able to move around enough to fly the Phantom. The monitor does not draw much power and is connected to an inverter which plugs into the car cig lighter.

but the Shield already has a card reader. I assume you're doing it this way because it's less of a hassle?

but the Shield already has a card reader. I assume you're doing it this way because it's less of a hassle?

The SD card in the Shield is external storage. I can easily be used to store data files, apps and other things. It's also very difficult to remove. Its much easier and cleaner to be able to pull the card from the Phantom and plug it into the USB port of the Shield. This means everything on the internal card is left intact and still usable.

The SD card in the Shield is external storage. I can easily be used to store data files, apps and other things. It's also very difficult to remove. Its much easier and cleaner to be able to pull the card from the Phantom and plug it into the USB port of the Shield. This means everything on the internal card is left intact and still usable.
Gotcha.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic