Screws size for "Quick release" prop guards P3S (photos inside)

Reaction score
Hi,

Today I received a set of "Quick release" prop guards for my P3 Standard, however it came with two different bags with screws. One of the back has 10 screws of 10.16mm long, the other bag has 20 screws of 12.49mm long.

I heard in the past some problems in the size of the screws in the original DJI prop guard, something related with the screws touching the engines. This set is an aftermarket, but maybe somebody here already have use it and can let me know which screws I have to use.

In case the correct are the short ones, there is a problem, because as I said there are only 10.

I hope you guys can help me.

Sorry for my English, this is not my mother tongue.

Quick_release_prop_guards_01.jpg

Quick_release_prop_guards_02.jpg

Quick_release_prop_guards_03.jpg

Quick_release_prop_guards_04.jpg

I wonder if you could measure the length of the threads of the original screws, and use that measurement as a comparison to the length of the threads of the 2 new screw lengths after you insert them into the mount.
In other words, put a new screw through the mount, and measure the length of the protruding thread, and judge which new screw length works best.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: hugomez
I wonder if you could measure the length of the threads of the original screws, and use that measurement as a comparison to the length of the threads of the 2 new screw lengths after you insert them into the mount.
In other words, put a new screw through the mount, and measure the length of the protruding thread, and judge which new screw length works best.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Hi, thanks for your reply, of course that is a good solution. Now is a bit too late (going to bed now), but tomorrow I will do it, leaving here the result. Maybe is useful for somebody else.

Hi,

Today I took out of of the original screws of my P3S. As you can see at the photo below, it is the middle one. The original is shorter than the others two sizes that I got with this set.

I have put one of each size screws in the holes of that part of the prop guard to compare with the original.

I would say the correct one to use is the short one, the one that the full size is 10.16mm, to avoid problems with the long one touching the engines, however I would like to know what you guys think.

The annoying thing is that they only send me 10 of the short type, so I will have to cut 6 of the long once, however for the price I paid for this kit on Ebay ......

Quick_release_prop_guards_05.jpg

Last edited:
If that kit is the same as mine (which it appears to be) you won't be able to use the short ones on 2 of the holes on each arm. 2 will fit, the other 2 will not be long enough to grab threads. I used the long ones and have a dozen flights so far with no ill effects (other than seeing them in video sometimes).

If that kit is the same as mine (which it appears to be) you won't be able to use the short ones on 2 of the holes on each arm. 2 will fit, the other 2 will not be long enough to grab threads. I used the long ones and have a dozen flights so far with no ill effects (other than seeing them in video sometimes).

So if I understand you correctly, I could then use 2 short once and two long once per each leg, right? I guess the short once would go to the outside and the long to the inside?

I have those exact same prop guards. I just went a pulled one out, just for you. You will want to use the 12.49mm ones in all 4 spots. I have over 30 flights with them, so it's fine.

You need the longer screws due to the thickness off the quick release prop guard thickness that attaches to the bottom of the motor mounts. They come with the prop guards and they work fine..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan