Screws of Death

Reaction score
Hi all, my brand new phantom 2 arrived today! I was so happy :D !
After some power-on test without props, decided that first thing to do was to install prop guards to keep my bird the safest I could,
well, installing the last prop guard, was distracted talking to my wife, put the long guard screws in but forgot the prop guard, HUGE MISTAKE,
one motor dead, lesson learned. DJI, this longer screws of death should be black or another color as a reminder!
Now waiting for a new cw motor to arrive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTJHGJeuptU

My advice: try to isolate and be really careful when installing the props guards.

Attachments

• IMG_20140509_210412.jpg
    IMG_20140509_210412.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 519
Thank you all for your reply.

Peter, that is an interesting idea, perhaps will try that in future.
For now, guess will try with different head screws that aloud easier install/removal of prop guards,
but will keep that 3M tape in mind, thanks!

Sorry to hear of you screw up, (pun intended) but to blame it on your wife right before Mother's Day? :shock:

FedeVision said:
Thank you all for your reply.

Peter, that is an interesting idea, perhaps will try that in future.
For now, guess will try with different head screws that aloud easier install/removal of prop guards,
but will keep that 3M tape in mind, thanks!

Except that it's not tape. Don't buy tape! ;)

quadcopter said:
Sorry to hear of you screw up, (pun intended) but to blame it on your wife right before Mother's Day? :shock:

LOL, fortunately for me, mother's day here is on august 15 ;)

Peter Evans said:
Except that it's not tape. Don't buy tape! ;)

10-4 (Message received)

I just ordered replacement motors for the exact same reason. I took the P2 out for a spin at my parents home in a wide open field. Ended up crashing (very low altitude) and it cracked a prop guard off. I took it off, along with the other three for balance. I didn't have any screws with me and didn't think twice about putting the others right back in. Click, click, click..... Live and learn I guess.

Sorry to hear that, is really easy to make this kind of mistakes.
I inked the longer screws to try to use this as a reminder,
hope this help, will see.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4