Screws falling out

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with the screws falling out of the gimble? The ones that are supposed to hold the black rubber things in place. I looked at mine today and I was all 3 out 4. The front 1 was still in place, but the other 3 were missing. Everything seemed tight and all. I put in the extra, but I need to get 2 more. Was causes this? Vibration I assume?

Most likely VIBRATION,
A DAB of Thread-Loc on the threads will prevent
This from happening, careful not to OVER-Tighten
The screws, or gimbal may not work right!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

Noticed yesterday that one of the four had fallen out of mine too. I was very careful when I assembled the thing to make sure that they were firmly tightened. Also, I have checked them several times since first assembly without any hint that any of them were loose. I think this is a potential flaw in an otherwise excellent design in the gimbal mount.

The one that is missing is also one that the top is hidden against the underside of the Phantom. Thus, I don't know yet whether the screw shaft has broken and fallen out, or whether the whole assembly came unscrewed and fell out.

One of the problems with a drop of super glue or Loctite on the threads is that you'll never get them apart after that. Not that you should ever have to....unless you want to change the rubber isolators to a different hardness.

mrand said:
Anyone have any issues with the screws falling out of the gimble? The ones that are supposed to hold the black rubber things in place. I looked at mine today and I was all 3 out 4. The front 1 was still in place, but the other 3 were missing. Everything seemed tight and all. I put in the extra, but I need to get 2 more. Was causes this? Vibration I assume?

I had this happen to me. You are refering to the inti drop screws. I found the replacements online but they actually want about $40 for a pack of six. They feel like plastic to me.Apparently they are using space-age polymer at that price. (Lol). I'm going to do what others have done and merely use either zip ties or us 50lb test spectra line. I was concerned with wind resistance but figure that isn't a factor considering that I'll be hanging a bunch of other stuff beneath my phantom 2 as I've just picked up a avl58 and iosd mini.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.