Screw and insert on side of gimbal?

Reaction score
Noticed my camera would not rotate up and down and when I landed, see that it looks like a screw and insert for connecting to the servo are missing. Less than 40 flights and no crashes, and no clue what the part looked like before. I see people have servo break but never seen just a lost part before?

Re: Screw and insert on side of gimbal?

Whole thing is missing!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422227512.357662.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422227512.357662.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 536

West Palm Beach, Florida.

I found this by searching for servo cog, and $6.50 is not terrible but still have to source the screw and cover http://www.shapeways.com/product/XE5EVZ ... -servo-cog?

But, I'm a bit peeved that, with so few flights, and not any single bit of rough treatment, a screw could come loose and a part could be lost like that, and the only replacement is one DIY'd by someone with a 3d printer. I don't want to be that guy sending something back to Amazon for a few dollar part, but I also don't appreciate that I have to buy a $6.50 part just because DJI can't use a little bit of threadlock. And it's even more annoying because from googling with the part name (could not figure out what to call the missing parts because I never really noticed them when they were there!) it appears DJI does not sell this as a replacement part.

And without that little tiny poorly installed part, can't really fly her. It would probably be faster to return and replace through Amazon than to pester DJI enough to give me a replacement part.

But let me try pestering DJI, first.

How long have you had this quad from Amazon? if not too long, I would check with them. DJI is useless for help.
Very odd that yours fell out. I have had mine out and back in more than once and that little screw is tight. Should never fall out.

You might find the part you need from here
http://www.davesmotors.com/Products/DJI ... ultirotor/

There is other sites also plus that part is cheap anyway

I am planning on getting a aftermarket gimbal soon anyway(got a v+ and got too used to the gimbal)

I could not find the part for sale and dji did not respond so I guess now Amazon will be sending it back to them and they can replace it themselves and then sell it as refurbished.

hopefully the replacement outlasts the warranty before falling apart, first thing I've returned to Amazon in a very long time. Once duplicated an order and shipped half back at my expense, I know margins are thin and like their service enough that I don't want to take advantage of them. Though I do think if I had bought from a small retailer they would have tried to source that set of three parts for me instead of replacing it and that would have been just fine by me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20